nexus hub width

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone help me finding out the width of a nexus speed hub i need for an up coming project i was told the width i need to fit a 24x3 wheel and tire on the frame i'm doing is 80 mm but all i'm finding is 100 or 110 mm any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance

chopper

110mm and 120mm widths are the most common for rear CB hubs. I'm not that well-acquainted with NEXUS hubs, and I'd hesitate to do this on any coaster-brake hub, but I have gone without lock nuts on a front hub or freewheel rear hub to make it fit in a super-narrow fork/frame. Of course, this means it's a PITA to get the adjustment right AND the axle tightened down.

Nexus hubs have indexing washers that keep the axle from rotating in the dropout - you MIGHT be able to shuffle things around and install these backwards from OUTSIDE the dropouts on a narrow frame, but check that out with somebody who's got more time in with these things before you buy one.

thanks for the help dave i'm just gonna have to get with greg and figure it out before he builds my frame i'll post some pix when the project gets into a decent accumulation

Back