noname 68 schwinn fatwheel build..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
totally digging your build I am in the middle of a fat tire build using the wheels from a stingray chopper got some ideas from your thanks!!!

How much would one charge to do this to a frame so they could put on a 3'' wheel?
Never put any thought to that to be honest. First I would say you would want to be in the same state as shipping would suck..

Widening the frame is easy and cheap, even better if you have a donor bike rear triangle. I am constantly doing this as well as stretching frames for locals for free. By the way, this build is proper and well done, I see the beginning of an A+ build here. I'm excited to see the direction it takes, especially the paint

I often use a bmx axle for thickness and 2 c-brackets to place between the stays with axle nuts in the inside to crank out the stays with some measure of adjustability. Cold setting is easy as long as you are patient and realize that most of what you can be undone if you are easy-going about it and try to be as mentally malleable as the metal is. I find that to be the case with metals anyways. Kind of a "if you can dream it , you can do it" sort of thing

Well not much progress, been waiting on parts. The bike is in color and a roller now, I will upload pics tomorrow when I have some time.

So after looking at it for like hours, I decided that the cantilevers at the seat post would be the best place to cut to widen the rear the extra 1 1/4" that's needed to fit the 3" wheel.
20140110_030444-Copy_zpsd62575f3.jpg

At this point it wasn't wide enough yet but you get the idea.
How did you go about separating the stays from the seat tube and top tube without damaging anything?

Sense it's a peddle dragger I decided to machine something that would last a bit longer and toss out some good sparks!
These are the top secret prototype first look :grin:
8e45d050906311e38d6c129f0cea75bc_8.jpg

Latest posts

Back