North Carolina RatRodBikers... CHECK IN! (map added 10/8/12)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: North Carolina RatRodBikers... CHECK IN!

kmac said:
New guy from Lenoir. Looks like there are a few forum members in my neck of the woods. Finishing up a mountain bike refurb, and I really need to do a klunker or rat rod bike next!

Ken
bbcool.gif

Welcome ken! Yep, you'll definitely need gears up in them hills! :mrgreen: -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Welcome ken! Yep, you'll definitely need gears up in them hills! :mrgreen: -Adam

Thanks Adam. I have a donor mtn bike ready for stripping. Now I need to find a solid vintage frame!
bbcool.gif

kmac , I'm here in Hudson. We need to talk.Have you seen a red rat-rod 56 Ford F100 around town with a bicycle , or three, in the back. That would be me.Let's get in touch.Thom. 8)

brett4christ said:
Checking in from Greenville, NC.

Here are my builds so far.....

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31856
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=43884

I'd love to meet up for a show/ride sometime!

We'd have to get something together since there seems to be NO bicycling culture around here (unless you have carbon fiber and spandex pants). Your chrome bike looks like it would get along well with mine: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=49015

Reporting in from Charlotte. :)
good to see so many NC folks here. We should create a virtual community for parts, cool bikes for sale in your area, etc.
I'm into bmx cruisers and klunkers. Thanks

What up gang... So nice to see that I have some fellow crack/bike ad.icts here in the homestate...
Enough of that bs right. I'm in Wilmington with a few nice sleds. "Motorized Dyno coaster and a felt". Excuse me if the motor bothers ya.... But I am a mx er from the 80's and jus can't seem to shake it! Love the pedals too. 2 mtn bikes "which i ride, well until we bought a herd of atvs, another story right" Anyway, love to host a little get together with some fellows and wifes of course. We have a 34' boat for the outing and the local MB Park is connected by trail to our back yard. Bar hoping on some stretch sleds is about 7 miles from the house in Wrightsville beach or downtown Wilmington. I would be glad to host if its not to much maintenance! Let me know what you guys think?

Derrick

001-19.jpg

Here's my ratrod bike hauler. It's time for a new coat of flat red paint. I can haul all the bikes that will fit in and on the bed with the 472" Caddy engine.

thom said:
001-19.jpg

Here's my ratrod bike hauler. It's time for a new coat of flat red paint. I can haul all the bikes that will fit in and on the bed with the 472" Caddy engine.
How did you get the front end so low? Flipped spindles or flipped beam?

I installed a Plymouth Volare torsion bar front suspension. It's a pretty common swap in 53-56 Ford trucks. Actually the Caddy is not all that heavy. They weight a little more that a small-block Chevy , but less than a big-block Chevy.I have not driven the truck in several months , but plan to get it roadworthy again by spring. :D

Checking in from lovely Havelock NC , home of MCAS Cherry Point.

Greetings from Mt Holly NC. I have lived in the Lincoln/Gaston county area my entire life.
No bike scene here either (some mtn biking and some spandex fellows, but thats it).

Roscoe Clyde

Roscoe Clyde said:
Greetings from Mt Holly NC. I have lived in the Lincoln/Gaston county area my entire life.
No bike scene here either (some mtn biking and some spandex fellows, but thats it).

Roscoe Clyde

Welcome, I put an icon on the map for you.

Hey don't forget about me I think I'm all by myself In Salisbury/Rockwell or Rowan county.Just started messing with these bikes,having a ton of fun too.Still got my car and truck to got some plans for the bikes and my old 66 Ford truck,let ya'll know when it gets going. This is cool glad I asked the question thanks yoothgeye for all your work dude, Ok later on guys pedalslow,flathead,Box50,just some of my names.

Back