Nothing like the price of free...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A guy who was redoing a bike for me ended up giving me said original bike for free. Originally I had gotten mad at him, but I am longer mad at him. heck he gave me a free bicycle! He ended up not doing anything to it. So now I have it. It's a galaxy flyer.
YAY!

2jcden4.jpg

Wow!..Now you have TWO. One to ride, one to work on. If I were you I'd start looking for a place to put the next 25 or so you'll have in about two months. :lol:

NICE! free99. i like white pedals and white seats on ladies bikes. i'd find some fenders for it for those rainy days for sure. rooster tails look freakin cool but dont feel freakin cool. :? mayble a headlight and some scrolly pinstriping and i'd say youre set. 8)

keep an eye on the swap meet section of the forum. the "lets trade" and "pay it forward" sections are good ways to keep parts moving around the rrb community FO CHEAP! 8)

Yep, you're hooked, no turning back now. Get a bag of plastic gloves from the dollar store so your hands don't get permanent grease stains
and a tarp to throw over everything when guests come over. Save some old t shirts so you don't wreck all your good shirts. Also some good
air freshener to hide the smell of WD40. Did you cut the chain off? I've had good luck with chain lube to salvage old chains if they haven't
seen much wear. I'll bet that bike of yours wasn't mistreated that much, it's a girl's bike. I've also scrubbed some old tires and saved them,
as long as they weren't too cracked. In the pics, yours don't look too bad. I fixed up a Huffy for my daughter and most of it was still good under the dirt and rust. Same frame
and chain guard as yours. On yours, if that's just dust and dirt that makes the paint look faded on the chain guard and frame, a scrubbing
with soap and water, then a couple coats of car wax can bring it back nicely. If you scrub the lettering too much, it may remove them.

241t6dw.jpg

So far so good. I started sanding the bike down by hand. My brother is bringing his drill tomorrow and I can sand it down tomorrow more. Won't take long tomorrow! Then primer and paint. Maybe by this next week I'll be ride it =D

Nice to see another person into bicycles! What's the other one look like?...........At home,I use a "New York Chain" and disc lock,along with a "Fahgettaboutit Chain" & lock,on my trips,use a cable lock,and Me,to ward off the bike thieves ! My chains and locks,cost over $250,and I feel real secure at night!

Wow! So cool,a Schwinn,you're gonna love it! Is it a 3 speed or single speed coaster brake?............I have a Schwinn middleweight,3 speed coaster brake,had it since 83,and love it!

Cool,I had mine as a single speed for 28 years,as I just made it a 3 speed again,and for a short while,had the Bendix 2 speed automatic. Which is a 2 speed with coaster brake,you back pedal it and it will go in the other speed!

Back