Old # 3 With paint!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Old # 3

A quick mockup with the tires...might look pretty good.
DSCF0003-69.jpg

Yeah Walker, its the one I'm going with. Looks a little more normal too. Like somebody at a company
might design it that way.

It does look cool....like the straight bar addition.

I will say though that it looks less cycle-truck-ish with the angled head tube. Seems like most of them have a fairly straight up and down headtube.

Yeah that is true. I thought about deraking it some, but those silly lugs stop you from doing much.

I was cleaning that paint off and I was using a 4'' grinder with a wire cup. It is one with an off and on
switch. If it had been the other kind, I probably would have had it the little button pushed in anway.
The silly thing grabbed one of the chain guard mounts , and jumped out of my hand. It became a little
dangerous animal running around my shop floor. Lucky it jerked the plug out before it got back to me.
You got to watch for weird things to happen. Got most of the paint off anyway.
DSCF0002-159.jpg

Oh ya! That's sharp like the way you did the brace.

Had a grinder get away from along time ago. Flipped upn the air and landed right in my lap. Well my voice is ok but scared the heck out of me. Twisted my arm up a bit too. I believe in dead man switchs now.
Like your build very cool .
Sorcerer

Yeah Steve I like paint way too much . I am not sure what color I will paint it .

Gary it was a toss up , but I have seen one of the brands of cycle trucks and it has a front
tube like that. Turned out pretty good. Will probably look better built.

Sorcerer its the first time I ever had one do that. I didn't realize it had that much torque.
It jumped right out of my hand. Scared me as it went past my head. Was worse when it hit the
floor and was still running. Could have been bad. :shock: :shock:
Glad you like the build so far.

Nice work. If it was mine I would cut the horizontal straight bar out and mount it lower, in line with the brace you added. It will look more factory and give a bigger "sign board" area, which are crucial to cycle trucks, IMO.

GTV said:
Nice work. If it was mine I would cut the horizontal straight bar out and mount it lower, in line with the brace you added. It will look more factory and give a bigger "sign board" area, which are crucial to cycle trucks, IMO.

That was my first thought also. It would look more factory built and less of an after thought.

I looked at it this morning and thought about the same thing. I wondered if that big of a sign
would detract from it. Really its going to not look too cycle truckish, with the rake angle in the neck.

Not that hard Peatbog, Trust me I'm not that talented. :lol:

Well got my stays welded together and everything ground down. Still have a spreader tube to
weld in behind the seat and make some dropouts. This time I tried harder and I won't need more
than a spoon full of bondo. Getting closer.
DSCF0001-190.jpg

Yep Luke this thing doesn't really come close to resembling a cycle truck, but its really cute. :lol:
DSCF0001-191.jpg

Back