Old "B" but new"B" to RRB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy gang............

I've owned a bike shop since 1972 ....bike boom years!

In 1979 I started taking loads of old bikes to Gertrude Vorgang in Newport Beach on the Balboa penninsula to her antique bike shop....she loved my stuff I brought her and it paid for my vacation. I was just glad to get rid of the old stuff we had collected.

About 1978 I was just getting into old bikes cause my family was always into old cars and since we were in the bike business we started collecting bikes.

Michigan has had alot of antique bike stuff and clubs and newsletters thru the years.

I've been to every year of the Saline/Ann Arbor bike swap meet and before that Jim Hurds get together that turned into the Saline antique bike swap...It's been going on 30 years and happy/sad to say I've been to everyone!

6 years ago I started the Owosso Bike Fest cause we had done so many restorations and had alot of customers who bought modern old style bikes we started the show for our customers to show off their possesions. Last year we had about 300 bikes/people and it was a gas...plus I felt it was boring to look at bikes it way more fun to ride them!!!!! 2 years ago an informal club was born out of it called the "Peddlers". The Peddlers started Friday night rides all year long and our biggest ride was in August this past year with over 80 bikers. The FreakBike Militia has really helped us with our show and our Friday rides.

Along the way I heard about this site but really never had been here til now and WOW........you guys rock!

Glad I ventured this way. Hopefully I can help where ever I can.

Michigan Rick

Back