TRADITIONAL Old Lace

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwissGuy

Professional Amateur Tinkerer
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. This will be my starting point. The goal is to build a nice new ride for my wife...
IMG_20240408_193619500.jpg

Colours are already set by request, for the rest I'll have to go through my parts boxes on the campground.

It's about time SwissGal got a new ride! :D

Hi guys. This will be my starting point. The goal is to build a nice new ride for my wife...
View attachment 263739
Colours are already set by request, for the rest I'll have to go through my parts boxes on the campground.
I see them holes in your fender! You can put some neat coat protector strings or ropes through there.

Great start!

It's about time SwissGal got a new ride! :D
It was my only chance to get her approval for building another new bike... 😜
I see them holes in your fender! You can put some neat coat protector strings or ropes through there.

Great start!
Already got a few ideas for those holes.
Best thing about this frame and fenders is that I got it for free!
Frame and fenders will probably get sandblasted and powder coated in the base color. I'll see if I can/want to integrate the original NSU logos. They are available as water decals I might even have some stored away in my stash...

If your wife doesn't object to her bike being named 'Old' Lace, you're already way ahead of the game! :bigsmile:

In the States we have a brand of instant chocolate milk / hot cocoa called 'Swiss Miss'. A name alternative, might win you bonus points with the intended recipient as well.

swiss miss.jpg

If your wife doesn't object to her bike being named 'Old' Lace, you're already way ahead of the game! :bigsmile:

In the States we have a brand of instant chocolate milk / hot cocoa called 'Swiss Miss'. A name alternative, might win you bonus points with the intended recipient as well.

View attachment 263762
She ain't swiss, so probably no bonus points to get there...

Almost at the bottom of page 2... o_O
You guys are crazy! @kingfish254 has already more pages than I have posts! :eek:
I thought I'd get on the campground this weekend to dig through my stash, but it didn't work out. There was just too much work to do in the garden. But now it is finally presentable again and we might enjoy it tomorrow by just sitting in the opened up shed and having some coffee, tea and rhubarb* cake (*plucked in the garden and made by my wife with the help of our little one)...🥮☕🫖
I'll keep you updated as soon as there is real progress (or when I get to page 2 again...) :grin:

Last edited:
My rhubarb isn't ready yet this Spring. Usually I've baked something from the stalks by now. Have a relaxing day tomorrow, gardenside!

Back