Old Murray middleweight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a shame though. Many would go get a 79 dollar piece of junk from walmart that won't last anywhere near as long as the american classic.

I couldn't get a bite for my original Hercules (English bike) 10 speed from the late 60's or early 70's, and finally let it go for 50 bucks.
Copy of Hercules 006 - Copy.jpg

A month is pretty typical for sale of a bike. That's what I've found at least in Arizona. At $30, that would have gotten snatched up pretty quick here, but I would never fool myself into believing that. You just never know. I always just leave ads up for months at a time and forget about it. That just means I get to enjoy them in the meantime. Sweet bike though! I would have been all over that had it been local.

I can hardly ever sell any of my bikes. Well, I sold two, a pristine Schwinn Suburban that I got from a WWII vet and a 1970s AMF cruiser. I also sold a Colson long wheelbase frame and a rare 1930s Huffy frame to a RRB member, but no one here would give me a penny for them, I tried. I think I got $150 each for those from a RRB member. Everyone likes to look, no one buys. I had a similar bike way nicer than yours and I finally gave it away but the recipient was very reluctant to take it. He only took it because it was so nice. It even had new Bontrager tires on it. I usually just get bikes and use them for awhile and scrap them. I know I have scrapped over 100 (maybe 150?) just in the last 4 years. Probably another 50 before that. I usually take pieces off them and put them in boxes but lately I have been going through my parts and also scrapping them. I have difficulty giving parts away on RRB as the shipping is too much. All spring and summer there was a Gana rod brake bike for sale and it stayed on Craig's List until this fall when I bought it. He had reduced the price to $40. He wanted to throw in an AMF 10 speed but I didn't want it. He was going to strip it and see if he could sell some of the parts. He bought these bikes thinking he could make money on them and got tired of them being in his front porch. Friends that live in NYC and Seattle tell me that I could easily sell my bikes if I brought them there. It's weird, everyone here thinks their old 3 speeds are a classic and worth $50 but then no one will buy them.

Back