Old News..DONE with pics :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone i have the itch again! this cold weather is delaying my schwinn build a bit and i changed my mind on that whole thing , SOOOO if i wasnt busy enough with art projects and all i decided to take my idea for the schwinn and do it to my derby bicycle a old man up the street decided to drop off at the "bicycle house" its nice when they show up to your door step .

this is a easy build not painting the bicycle , but it might take awhile bc i need wheels , it came to me with bent rims , and a seat $$ but ill be keeping myself plenty busy with the fenders alone :)

needed
- 26" x1.75 rims
-seat .. which ill prob actually buy .. gasp people .. NEW! i like cushy seats my boney behind likes them even more
-i might .. change the chain guard but thats no biggy

heres the bicycle the day i got it with the other one he dropped off , i gave that one to my best friend for her bday

i just spent the last 4 hours cutting TONS of old hot rod mags up for photos to decopage the fenders .. every inch of the fenders will be covered in pure horsepower awesomeness !!!

and maybe the tank .. we will see i might deco the tank but only in a scallop style .

oh and the tank horn works first tank bike with good guts i was thrilled when i put the batteries in it lol

excited!!!
i need to think of a name now

Re: no name derby

wow fireproof your so totally right about the jakes tub i almost for got about that car
jakeopage7.jpg

My first thought was it looks a lot like the DP HARRIS Rollfast I have...

IMG_0422.jpg

I've never found out the year or make...The closest thing to it is a 1958 Ranger as far as I can see.

FOUND OBJECTS said:
My first thought was it looks a lot like the DP HARRIS Rollfast I have...

IMG_0422.jpg

I've never found out the year or make...The closest thing to it is a 1958 Ranger as far as I can see.
yea i still havent pin pointed the year on this one either

alrighty after cutting tons of photos out last night i started glue'in some to the front fender , this is just the beginning stages here , i dont want any red showing so the first layer wont be much to look at its just going to act as the background , got one side started and will work my way over and do the other side , and then from there one nice layer of glue on top.

ballroomwrecker said:
you just cut up all those fab magazines?

umm... so bikes are fair game but magazines are untouchable ? :lol: not much into the decopage thing before but after seeing dingos chainguard and the starts of this I think I like it :)

ballroomwrecker said:
you just cut up all those fab magazines? You should be punished HotRodJen :D
its alright there all from hot rod magazine 64 and up there not worth much of anything and easlie found , no way would i ever cut of my 40's and 50's car crafts and hop ups etc ...

thanks everyone on the good feed back! , i finished up the "base coat" on the front fender , i want to pick up glossy mod podge to do the top and more, have to wait for the paycheck haha
now onto some artwork for upcoming a art show , i will be away for the weekend so no updates on the bike will happen until next week

heres the fender with the base coat the only uncovered part is where it screws into the headset

Back