Old Schwinn I Got

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this for $26.00 this weekend as a yard sale. It has Schwinn seat, grips, chainguard, rim even says schwinn on it. The chainguard says "Schwinn FLEET", and the tank says scwhinn on the side (faded of course). I'm not a Schwinn guy, but this thing wanted to come home with me bad. Front tire holds air! no chain or front fender, one rim is rusted bad in one spot. Wheels and cranks & forks turn just great - only rusty on the body.

The number on the back left drop-out reads: B226522. If someone can tell me maybe what year it is that would be awesome.

ruswin.jpg

great bike, those middleweight tank frames are hard to come by around here, especially with the tanks still on them too.

Glad to see other folks out there love the indomitable workaday FLEET as much as I do. Great combination of economy (painted fenders, Torrington pedals, blackwall tires on painted rims) and style (fender-mounted headlight, tank, rear carrier rack, reverse-screen chainguard decal). Phenomenal patina on Kingplinker's bike. I would leave it as is, except for maybe rims and fat whitewall tires.

In any case, here are a few pictures of my black April '63-built unit:
newhat134.jpg

newhat138.jpg

Back