Old tricycle parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know where I can get parts to restore an old tricycle?
Thanks,
CHAZ

honestly they are few and far between if your looking for just parts, almost have to find other donors to rob off of.

I've got some trike front tires. One 16" and five 20". Solid rubber. I think you have to boil them to get them soft enough to pry on a rim. Gary

I will try and get some pics up, nothing special, just an old tricycle. It isn't one of the "full fendered" ones or anyting, but it does have some neat styling cues. The worst parts are the pedals. It looks almost like I would have to grind off a little tab to get them to slide off? Can the tires be boiled and taken off, and then later re-installed after I renovate the rims, or is it a once and done deal on an old solid tire?

Thanks,
CHAZ

Oh yeah, it is a 16" front tire, and I think 10" on the rear.

hoof said:
I will try and get some pics up, nothing special, just an old tricycle. It isn't one of the "full fendered" ones or anyting, but it does have some neat styling cues. The worst parts are the pedals. It looks almost like I would have to grind off a little tab to get them to slide off? Can the tires be boiled and taken off, and then later re-installed after I renovate the rims, or is it a once and done deal on an old solid tire?

Thanks,
CHAZ

Oh yeah, it is a 16" front tire, and I think 10" on the rear.

The tire should be fine, just have to heat it up again to get it back on.

Back