Oldest one so far

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't pass this one up even though its another girls frame.
068.jpg

From the date code/ serial# on the bottom bracket I believe it to be a 1945 Schwinn.
071.jpg

069.jpg

I think there are alot of replaced and missing parts like here. There should be a different fork for the missing truss rods, right?
070.jpg

And shouldn't this be a perry or sturmey archer hub?
072.jpg

I was thinking since this is prewar shouldn't that be a skiptooth?
073.jpg

I dig this seat, it's most likely original. All in all its a cool bike and I like it I just wish it had more of the original parts to it. Oh well its a rat 8)

Looks like a '41 Schwinn. Truss rods are missing and the sprocket is wrong. Rear wheel looks like it as also been replaced. Everything else looks about right.

That's a 1940 D37X. If it was a '41 it would have a smaller tank. And yes, it should have a skip tooth set up. The crank was changed and it now has a 24" wheel set mounted on a 26" frame. I'd part it out. You don't have a whole lot to work with there. Gary

Thanx for the feedback on this one. I haven't decided what to do with it yet as I have others in line before this one.I am curious though how you could tell what year it was.

Back