On The Road Again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're taking a trip south/westward. Instead of taking the MTB's to ride trails as we usually do, this time we took our cruisers and hope to do some urban and beach cruising. Might even end up at a Tour De Fat. :D
In Arizona right now. My Sonic sack seat cover barely surviving the journey thus far.
Img_4990.jpg

This morning we left Albuquerque which is having their balloon fest this week.
Img_4951.jpg

No Doubt, come and ride with the locals at Tour De Fat! Heck I'll buy you a beer! :mrgreen:

San Diego? You must have just cut across AZ. Man your wife has got to be some kind of saint to want to leave the coast(Ahhh!) for the desert(You Sure that a/c's workin!) :mrgreen: Later & PEACE!!!!

Nice pics! Was dude really riding and playing at the same time? lol

Looks like Belmont Park Roller Coaster, Bicycle Discovery Shop in PB at Feldsbar, tiki bar outside the Wave House maybe. Looks like you did the full Mission Bay, Mission Beach-PB, La Jolla boardwalk ride.

Hooch said:
you have such awesome Vacations Randy!
Be safe and have fun!
Thanks Hooch. Yes we do have great vacations. Like someone else commented on another of our trips... I hope the photos of cool bikes at cool paces take you away from your "heckish day for just a few minutes".

Welcome to San Diego! You've found the best place to ride & yesterday was one of the most beautiful days we've had all year. I know exactly where you've been riding. That pic of the grassy knoll in PB is one of our lunch stops after riding around Mission Bay. Not that you need any help finding places to ride, I do have another good ride you might be interested in. Go downtown to the waterfront and park near the Star of India. You can't miss it. It's an 1800's tall ship & part of the Maritime Museum. There are many other ships there including the aircraft carrier Midway. There's bike paths all up & down the waterfront, but the real fun is to take your bikes on the ferry across to Coronado Island & cruise around there & perhaps stop for lunch & a beer. If you have time, ride down & see the Hotel Del Coronado.
I've never used the PM system on this forum, but if you need any assist, send me one & I'll reply with my phone #. Oh, one last thing, if you're lookin' for the best burger & shake in town, head over here to Ocean Beach & check out Hodad's on Newport (south of where you've been riding). Yummm! Have a great time here & safe riding. Thanks for posting the shots! Mike

2spdDawg said:
Welcome to San Diego! You've found the best place to ride & yesterday was one of the most beautiful days we've had all year. I know exactly where you've been riding. That pic of the grassy knoll in PB is one of our lunch stops after riding around Mission Bay. Not that you need any help finding places to ride, I do have another good ride you might be interested in. Go downtown to the waterfront and park near the Star of India. You can't miss it. It's an 1800's tall ship & part of the Maritime Museum. There are many other ships there including the aircraft carrier Midway. There's bike paths all up & down the waterfront, but the real fun is to take your bikes on the ferry across to Coronado Island & cruise around there & perhaps stop for lunch & a beer. If you have time, ride down & see the Hotel Del Coronado.
I've never used the PM system on this forum, but if you need any assist, send me one & I'll reply with my phone #. Oh, one last thing, if you're lookin' for the best burger & shake in town, head over here to Ocean Beach & check out Hodad's on Newport (south of where you've been riding). Yummm! Have a great time here & safe riding. Thanks for posting the shots! Mike
Thanks. Wish I would have known this sooner. Riding along the waterfront downtown sounds pretty neat and different. After all there's only so much sand and bikini babes one can take :lol: We did drive out to Coronado island last night. Today we rode around Ocean Beach and then from there rode back over to Mission Beach. Did see Hodad's. Neat shortened vw bus they have.I think we're outta here tomorrow though. Never enough time :(
Neat place you live here.

3322 miles later we're home.

Bought these bike ads while on vacation.
cali_bike_ads.jpg

Also this postcard sent from Sweden to San Diego. Note the bikes.
postcard.jpg

Ate at In N Out burger for the first time. Was really good.

Tour De Fat in Tempe was awesome! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10781

My shower cap seat cover finally gave out.

My bike took a little beating in all the hauling/traveling.

Riding in Arizona for the first time on this trip now makes about 25 states we've ridden in. Map here.

very cool!! It is very beautiful out there!!! Went there once to visit my lil' Bro.... would love to go back!!

Back