one-day wonder choppers....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the first blue bike was a $89.00 walmart special 26 inch schwinn cruizer, extended the forks 12 inches with a 12.5 front tire, and threw a 20 rear on it with 15 inch mini apes. done! next was the red huffy 26 inch cruizer, $99.00 from amazon. followed same recipe. done! last was an old stingray-2, it was $50.00 from craigslist. tossed the 24 inch front wheel and extended the forks 9 inches, threw on the 16 inch front wheel in its place, 18 inch apes. replaced bad brake cable, new rear tire from amazon. done! basically, each bike took 1 day to get rideable. they all ride surprisingly well considering how kooky they look. and i am the 'test rider' for everything we build--i am 6 foot 2.5 and weigh 300lbs , so if i dont break it it should be good for anyone else ! ( i ride the blue one 4 miles roundtrip everyday to take my wife lunch. no problems so far, and i lost a few pounds too ! thank goodness its all flat riding though.....) to extend the forks we use 1 inch schedule 80 pipe,about 3/8 wall thickness and hand turn the ends to fit inside the stock forks after we whack em in two-usually 3-4 inches both ends. ( the stingray is sleeved the entire way top to bottom. its strong as heck but super heavy ! ) then we weld the heck outta them. so far so good, get tons of comments everyday . ( the most common one is "wow, i cant believe that tiny tire can handle your weight"...) hmmm, wonder what else i can find on craigslist........
bluebike.jpg

redbike.jpg

pazbike.jpg

Back