One-Liner.... Now in FINISHED BIKES thread !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey man, your vacation pics look better than mine. On top of the fact that most of mine have that darn rusty old bike in the way.:bigsmile:

Looks like a beautiful place.

Hey man, your vacation pics look better than mine. On top of the fact that most of mine have that darn rusty old bike in the way.:bigsmile:

Looks like a beautiful place.
Yeah, unbelievably beautiful...it's like a dream you never wake up from....

Last edited:
I'm baaack! We returned from Norway late last night. I will post some pics of my latest work in the BACK40 hopefully later today or tomorrow.
In the meantime, I did see some bikes while I was over there.....couple of pics from Bergen...
20160622_181103.jpg
20160622_181013.jpg
20160616_161748.jpg

I've never seen so many Brooks saddles in one place! These were high end, beautiful bikes right in the 'uptown' part of Oslo. Rat on!

Like those bike pics. Was it daylight all day and night in Norway? I think that's where it does that?
Yes Chad. It was only about the darkness we have here around 9:30 pm the whole night. And that was for about 3 hrs in the very early morning between midnight and 3 am. Made for long days, but we got a lot of ground covered! 1300 k (800 mi) in 8 days, mostly on narrow, old paved roads with two way traffic but only room for one car in a lot of places. Blind corners, harrowing turns, with only about a block or two of visibility ahead...fun in some ways, scary if you thought about it too much.

I'm making up for lost time! 2 posts on my thread in 2 hours! :21:

Here's a little project I had pretty much wrapped up before I left for our trip. Just had time now to make a short video.

If you are ever in my neck of the woods, please feel free to stop in for a cold one....

The "handle" bar.
Located in the Back 40, head down the dirt road pass the old oak tree and turn left at the little red outhouse.

Looks like a good place to get a drink.

Beautiful sunny day here in the north country. Perfect day to venture out and get some final pics of One-Liner. The past 10 days away I thought about what I might add to the build, and everything seemed like I was forcing myself to make changes. That's usually not a good sign!

So, later today I will likely make my final post on this thread of a finished product....my TRM Convertible Tank equipped, '60s girls spaceliner framed, custom sprung, slick equipped, rust-ified rat rod: One-Liner!

Stay tuned for more later today!

IMG_20160607_163942.jpg

I'm pretty much in the same spot, I've been looking at stuff but it all seems like an add on. I'll try one last part when I get home, but mine might be finished too.
Only time will tell.

So, the One-Liner doesn't have a kickstand. Didn't want to slow her down....
As I was heading out to do my photo shoot this morning, I came up with a portable and pocket- able device to support the bike on it's own.

This is a small spring clamp that I have used (along with many others) to hold projects together after gluing. I removed the safety orange sleeves to give it a more 'vintage' look, and then applied it to the pedal. Simply open the clamp, slide it in between the pedal block and the axle on each side, and let the spring release; clamping itself around the pedal axle.

I found that mounting the Clamp Stand furthest out on the pedal offers the best angle for propping the bike in a solid position. It was a windy day down by the Mississippi River and I had no worries about the bike tipping over at all!

The One-Liner is pretty 'low slung' so this is a short clamp. If you had more of a standard BB height, a little longer clamp would probably work better. And of course, you could modify the length of the handles to custom fit the height you need.

unnamed.jpg
50e94b14-df0d-499a-9cb5-10ea6185c3d8.jpg

And now.....a sneak peak of one of my shots from the photo shoot in Lowertown St Paul.....

unnamed (1).jpg

Looking really cool. I'm afraid I still have a couple of weeks worth of paint and re-assembly left before I get to take pics.
So jealous. Jealous enough that I may steal that clamp trick.
Have at it Dave. It's the shared creative contributions and knowledge that keep me coming back to this site time and again.... Rat on!

Good lighting. Be sure get the whole bike in the photo, you can always crop later if you choose but you can't add to it.:thumbsup:
Should all be in that pic, comes right to the grip end....(trying to avoid getting a yellow parking stripe in the photo...:bigsmile: )

Super Build....I don't know how to say welcome home in Norwegian, but I imagine it has a 'kommen' in there somewhere. :happy:

Great symmetry , I like how the springs on the fork are reflected in the back on the seat supports.
The bent seat bar and the long seat...excellent
the Patina rocks, the bricks..oh yeah...seems perfect right where she sits. I bet it rides like you read about.
Lean and mean, fageddabouddit... ya killed it.
:thumbsup:
franco

Back