One Sweet World

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first bike build, I am brand new to the world of bike building. I bought the bike for 25$ from a farmer and I am really excited to start working! I want to build the bike as a tribute to one of my favorite bands.

photo-2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Re: Tribute bike project

Love the front forks...I need to find a pair for my build. Is the poster in the back a clue to your favorite band? Thinking of calling it When The Levee Breaks? Misty Mountain Hop? Great score for $25!

I offered 25$ and the lady was thrilled, I probably could have gotten it for 10$. Its a 1940-41 Monark. I bought it not knowing what kind of bike it was or how old, I was just interested in the front fork.

Peatbog said:
$25! What the...? I gotta find me a farmer.

Have fun on the build.
What he said except...get ta buildin'!! Peace

I'm a farmer/truck driver okay really I buy wheat straw an resale it but either way that wouldn't have left my place for less than 100 bucks you're a lucky fellow good luck in the B.O

Whoa! Someone needs to build a bike in tribute to your great score. I've been looking for the forks for my build and you found the whole bike! I'm watching.

Great score on that bike... I hope it came with a chain or it's going to be hard spending twice as much on a chain than the bike... :shock:

yoothgeye said:
Great score on that bike... I hope it came with a chain or it's going to be hard spending twice as much on a chain than the bike... :shock:

Even after buying a skippy chain (35 to 40 bucks), you still have less in it than the forks are worth! Great sccore!

Progress is being made and parts are arriving. Pics soon.

got most the paint stripped. got some new parts. here are some quick mock up pictures.

photo-6.jpg

photo-6.jpg

name change should give a hint as to which band this bike build is gonna be themed after.

I think I am gonna like this one!!

OK...so first I was jealous of the find...and the sweet fork. I was OK with the idea of a Led Zeppelin tribute, but DMB is taking it to another level. I will be watching this build...it just jumped to the top with the DMB reference. (I will get over my jealously...as I am currently listening to Tripping Billies and cannot hold anything against a fellow DMB fan.) Great start to a "Smooth Rider".

Have gotten a little side tracked and havent got much work done. However I did get the wheels and tires on. And Ive got a piece of wood that im going to fit into the tank section. Hoping to get back and get some work done soon! Also I will upload pictures of the new wheels and tires ASAP

Back