(ORBO) Mesa Büggie : BACK40 Old and New = Rat-isfaction! pg 7

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke...I'm glad you asked that! Just got this in the mail today. Doesn't even look fat...yet. And tomorrow the parts ship from MN...next week is going to be a gas!
:banana:
This has to be the craziest package I have ever received. The delivery guy said,
"So, will I be bringing you this one piece at a time?" Yes, yes you will.

...and Luke, here's how it will fit on the bike.

Luke...I'm glad you asked that! Just got this in the mail today. Doesn't even look fat...yet. And tomorrow the parts ship from MN...next week is going to be a gas!
This has to be the craziest package I have ever received. The delivery guy said,

Ah, skinnier rear?

Luke,.

2.4 on a 1.75 is already pretty big! :thumbsup:

I love the thought behind this, similar to running a heavier, wider, knobbier tire on the front for cornering grip, and something a bit smaller, lighter, smoother on the rear for less rolling resistance!

Luke.

Haha One piece at a time ! I'll be watching with anticipation .

there was photos of jeeps WWII NOS in the crate going around on face book not to long ago . They where in some ones warehouse it was really neat to see them .

Last edited:
Yep. Hoping to squeeze a 3.0 in there, have a 2.4 already to check clearance. That's on a 1.75" rim. So, nice and fat, just not FAT. :bigsmile:
Great lookin f feame. Its going to be an awesome build. [emoji106] [emoji106]

I had to add a big fat washer behind the chainring to clear the nobbies on the 2.4 on mine. For a 3"er you'll need a couple extra. Hopefully you have found a good LBS down there that has a few spares for cheap.

Building... riding...

So, I picked up a bmx stem on CL down here. Guy's son had moved on from 20" wheels to 29" wheels; mom said it had to go. Perfect for an old guy who is reliving his childhood by building funky bikes from old frames....
And, took the mtb on a road spin after 4 hard days on the desert mtn trails to visit another cool custom cruiser bike shop. Def potential there for future buys. Got some headset spacers for now...

"Life is like a box of bike parts" ~ Desert Gump

The guys at the shop even sent me a care package...2016 Sun bicycle calendar, OneTen Cycles water bottle, and bag of Aussie Licorice !
....oh, yeah and some parts I had sent down from home....

...and frame and wheel / tire combo for the rear....can't wait to get started!

Last edited:
Well it's about time slacker, jeesh. Now get buildin' :thumbsup:
Yeah, unfortunately (don't tell them that) my step daughter and her man are here for a couple days, so don't look for too much until Friday. So, as you can see, the frame is my favorite color...rust. With a little patina from 3 or 4 other colors of paint at one time in it's life. Kind of thinking keeping it rusty, do a little rustification on the flat black fat fork, and leave the black wheels, with black wall tires mounted as is. Faded white suede San Marco saddle, one of @slowriderz lay back black seat posts, and maybe rustify my handlebars once I decide on them....your thoughts ....?....Shakesbeer and other f-Rat-ernity ?

Yeah, unfortunately (don't tell them that) my step daughter and her man are here for a couple days, so don't look for too much until Friday. So, as you can see, the frame is my favorite color...rust. With a little patina from 3 or 4 other colors of paint at one time in it's life. Kind of thinking keeping it rusty, do a little rustification on the flat black fat fork, and leave the black wheels, with black wall tires mounted as is. Faded white suede San Marco saddle, one of @slowriderz lay back black seat posts, and maybe rustify my handlebars once I decide on them....your thoughts ....?....Shakesbeer and other f-Rat-ernity ?
I don't see why not, as I said about SkiTrap it is an off road bike. I don't see the need for fresh paint for something that'll probably get all scratched up anyway.

Back