Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking I'll just find a set of bars and add a coat or two of clear (after a good cleaning of coarse) and call this one done. Has a great patina to it already, no reason to do anything to it.

Awesome save!

I have been wanting to look for bikes this way for a few years, but am not sure how to approach the junk yards, do you just go walk around the yard or do you ask if they have any bike piles?

Awesome save!

I have been wanting to look for bikes this way for a few years, but am not sure how to approach the junk yards, do you just go walk around the yard or do you ask if they have any bike piles?
I just talked to the owner and asked if they got in bicycles and if he'd set them aside for me. He now saves any halfway complete bikes but he still scraps ones that are in pieces unless I am there to save them. I try to make it up there every few days at least so I can see what he's got. Also be warned some yards will not sell ANYTHING once it is scrapped due to insurance liability. My scrap guy just sells it with no receipt and says it's as is where is. I have gotten a ton of bikes from there to fix and flip and pocket a few bucks and also gotten a few nice riders out of it.

Anyone know what model this is? It has the two cantilever bars like any other frame but on this one they are really close together.

Picked up a mountain bike project today from a friend, it's a Schwinn protocol full suspension, disk brake front, needs a crank arm and the cables sorted. Looks identical to this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-Protocol-Dual-Suspension-Mountain-26-Inch/dp/B0021HGGOE

Too dark for pictures, but I put the wheels on my rust rod 57 Schwinn (Last year's build off bike) Kinda liking it... at least till I find the parts for it.

It's been a while since I have gotten another bike so when I saw this clean Raleigh roadie I went ahead and flipped a Jackson for it. Probably flip it as it's a bit tall for me. Felt good to be wrenching on a bike again.

Just rolling through the scrap yard and spotted a gem, old western flyer 3 speed. With ram horn ape hangers. $6

What a cool and unusual score.

Once in a great while I do sell stuff but most times I sell locally so I don't have to mess with shipping. Right now I have been too busy working to really do anything.

On my way home from work today cruising an alley I spotted a Huffy something or other beach cruiser. Only thing missing is the wheels other than that looks brand new complete with fenders and all. I asked just to make sure it was indeed being thrown out and turns out he purchased it on Craigslist just for the wheels and tossed the rest in the trash. I have several sets of wheels, tires, and a ton of leftover paint so I'm gonna build it up. Pictures in the morning.

I just got one going myself, Don't ride bad at all.
DSCF1534.JPG

IMG_20160425_115858_zpsqce4ek3a.jpg

IMG_20160425_115853_zpswfidjeag.jpg

didn't look bad but I had to change something so I put these cool wald ramhorn bars on I had laying around

IMG_20160425_120649_zps0fr5b2sg.jpg

Back