Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 4 bikes for $40 HUFFY SUPER THUNDER PRO 24"

Got the Haro cleaned up a bit, got the stickers off, threw a little paint at the cranks, ready to flip!

Re: 4 bikes for $40 HUFFY SUPER THUNDER PRO 24"

plankowner said:
You would bank hard money on that Haro around here. Folks here go nuts for those twin top tube Haros!

I've got it on Craigslist for $50 and so far nothing. I have had all kinds of interest but no takers yet.

Ever see a bike and you instantly see parts that could finish 3 of your builds? I found two at the flea market today, a 16" stingray that will be chopped up for build stuff and a Schwinn 20" kids bike with a nice alloy wheel set and great tires (going on my GT frame to make it a roller), and a lucky 7 chainring and crank that are going on Dark Horse 2. I'll post pictures in the morning.

The stingray I am supper stoked on because it is the last thing I needed to do another build I am planning. The damage? $15 for BOTH :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
If you don't have pics it probably didn't happen :wink:
I know the rule, it was just too dark to get good pics with my cell phone camera.

Here's the pictures, the stingray got a tire swap when it came home.

Old tire was a 16 x 3 this is a 16 x 1.95 Sometimes bigger is not better. 8)

Then the stingray rear tire was used on this

Here's what's left of the other one :mrgreen:

Wheels, stem, and pedals went on my GT (nevermind the seat I just threw that on there to go to the gas station and air up the tires)

and crank went on Dark horse

I was out riding and noticed a new antique shop I haven't been in yet so I figured I'd stop and see what they had. Low and behold I found this rusty neglected pile that was a Wards Hawthorne in the corner with $45 marked on it. I asked about it and the guy goes down to $40 without me even asking so I took it. It is rough but peaked fenders, a springer, a hairpin seat, a maybe repairable rack, and the head badge intact come on... You know you'd have bought it too.

interesting springer fork

hairpin seat

Frame is a little rough

The rear hub still turns and is there. rim and spokes are long since rotted away though

Then on the way home I stopped in the flea market and found this old cooler for $20.

I took it apart and it looks like the fork and truss rods are good so that right there was worth the money, it will need one rocker repaired though because the bolt broke off but no biggie, seat came off and the pans are decent enough to re-cover, fenders are good but the braces are rusty and I will have to repair one spot or add a washer because the chisel slipped getting the bolt off, rack is ok but needs mount fabbed up that rusted off the front, even the head badge came off fairly clean...it has some weather cracking at the top though. Perfect rat rod material here.

Nickinator said:
Nice job you scored the light!! most of those lights are gone.

Nick.

Cool, it's pretty rusty and the chrome is shot but it's solid. I might try to get it working someday with LED's I just hope it doesn't fall apart when I try to take it apart.

deorman said:
No, I wouldn't have, but that hardly matters. Enjoy! :wink:
You'd have probably bought the other one he had for $135. It was in a lot nicer condition and had a speedometer. I'll try to get a picture of it sometime.

Here's the other bike they had, a base model ladies frame, non skip-tooth, only thing it had going for it is a truss rod fork. He wanted $135

I sold the Huffy, a guy on BMX museum made me an offer I couldn't refuse. ($250 shipped) Not a bad profit. Still waiting to sell the Haro.

Back