painting a frame for $$$$$

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i got a question for ne one who may have painted a bike frame for some one for some cash and how much would you charge them for your labour and paint???? i am painting a frame for my tattoo artist and i am trying to figure out weather or not if it's worth it to make a deal so if i paint the frame and charge him for a tattoo instead of cash???

I think that's always worth making a deal. Since I helped my tattoo artist with his network and phone stuff I always got charged much lower than usual. even after he did my free tattoo for helping him.

that ? has a lot of answers and other ?s... what kind of paint ? spray bomb , air brush , gun, one color , multi color , what kind of prep time,
bare metal strip , etching primer , rust repair....heck of list eh. it doesnt stop their....just a little wrench in the spokes :lol:

i'd charge the guy for whatever you have in materials
i.e: paint striper primer etc
and then just make a deal on the rest

I think that depends on the level of workmanship your talking about. If I was using automotive paint (primer, paint, clear), professional spray gun, and doing all the wet sanding between coats I would charge $250 at a minimum if not more. That level of workmanship takes time and the materials cost money.

I am tight with all my tattoo buddys :)
and I learned long ago with most good people if you are good to them they return the favor over and over
I have built bikes and given them to tattoo artists and expect nothing in return and always get way more than my time and investment back :)

on a side note tattoos are bad.... very bad hahahahaha

if paint don't cost you more then tatt go for it. you can show off some skills to him.

as for cash

i would ask 100 bones for this if i did this for someone. if you can gage it by the pics
base/clear
P3220055.jpg

P3220070.jpg

P3220071.jpg

P3220072.jpg

other then say the flame job on that tank i am pritty much doing that kinda paint job... i am going to stripp the frame bare i am using automotive paint (primer/silverbase/metal flake/candy(he has to pick a colour)and then clear coat.... all will be done with a gun no spray bomb ..... prep-time alone i figure's stripping the frame will take me a whole day just cause i am using a grinder with wire wheel....

Back