painting in an ice storm

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got up early yesterday morning. first morning in a while that i havent had either of my kids home so i took the opportunith to put two coats of green on my Frank N. Stine frame, it was below 30 degrees and windy. just as i was taking it in it started to rain, even got a few drops on my fresh paint. then in about a half an hour it turned to ice, then to snow. when i paint in the rain i have to hold tha can closer and keep turning the frame so that im spraying into the wind. its a pain! i even got a drip or two that ill have to fix. next chance i get ill put two more coats of the green on. then later ill have to follow the same process with the black, then clear coat. im using high gloss satin finish paint so it'll should be slick lookin, especially with the clear over it. old man winter is not my friend!!!
fast eddie outty

Eddie, being here in KC, you should know better. Just hang on a couple more minutes and it will change. I just heard we are going to be above freezing today. John.

Back