Paying it forward paid off!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm selling off a lot of my bikes to fund a select few that I plan to build or keep. Just across the RR tracks from my house is a small, but outstanding, hot rod shop. He helped me out with metal and welding on the folding Taxi bike I did last year. I decided that I would give him , Steve, my Western Flyer I call my "Red Hot Rod". Already long story short, he was thrilled and took it for a spin. He came back with a big smile on his face! While we were talking about it and my upcoming builds, and more specifically, what I want to do for BONINE. I think my welding delimma for my frame is no more!! I think I can get a crash course in welding so I can fix my frame!! YEA!! A little kindness goes a long way sometimes. Here's the WF in front of a killer truck at the shop:
image.jpg

I'm thinking you did good! You get a life skill, and he gets a bike for life!

It's set the mood for the rest of the day. It's a beautiful day and I'm excited that I get to build the bike I wanted for BONINE!!

And yes.....that C10 is killer. With the exception of the wheels, tires and lowering, it's original.

Sweet jesture and with that a cool deal to learn a cool now how.. That 68 C-10 is sits just right just like that.. Miss my 67 C-10..

I've been wanting to learn how to weld for real for awhile now. My schedule makes going to school difficult, and I've always been told that if I REALLY want to learn how to do it, learn from someone that's been welding for years. He's been hand building hot rods for as long as I can remember so I'm thinking I could probably learn a thing or two from him.......;):rockout:

Back