paying it forward

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple weeks ago a forum member helped me out with some parts for my daughters fairlady so when I seen there was a woman on our local FB swap shop asking for someone that had a girls bike for sell because she needed one for her autistic granddaughter I thought heres the perfect way to pay it forward so I contacted her and told her that I fix old bikes up to resale and that I had a newer 20in girls bike that might work for her. when she contacted me back she asked how much for the bike and I told her that I was giving it to her. and she said she couldnt believe it that I would give her a bike, and all I could say was that I had a autistic step nephew so I know that it aint always easy so if the bike would help the girl thats all that mattered. Im double checking it tomorrow and will be taking it to the woman either friday evening or sunday. Cant wait to see the smile on the little girls face when we give it to her.

WTG! I have gotten some good karma on this site from fellow bikers and now I pass it on as well...It's contagious 8)

RollinStyle said:
WTG! I have gotten some good karma on this site from fellow bikers and now I pass it on as well...It's contagious 8)
Thanks guys for all the comments. Thats why I posted the story hoping it would be contagious.

Me and My oldest son went out and and checked over the bike, aired up the tires and put better peddles on it and adjusted the brakes is all it needed. Its all ready to be taken to the little girl.

Dropped the bike off to the little girls grandma (she wasnt home when I dropped it off) and when I got home the grandma had sent me a message and said she squealed with delight when she saw it. It makes the heart feel good when you can do something for someone else.

Back