Peace Love and Choppers (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent seen paint the color and finish i want. I went through at least 10 color books to pick out what i wanted and this happened. Gonna just deal with it until its right. I have too much time and money in to this to settle for something less.

I havent seen paint the color and finish i want. I went through at least 10 color books to pick out what i wanted and this happened. Gonna just deal with it until its right. I have too much time and money in to this to settle for something less.
That's the pits, well you've got 15 days left, you may be able to get it done, or just use the black crank like you said and rattle can the headlight rim for now. It's a cool build, I'd hate to see it not finished. Then again, having been in similar situations to yours before, I know that until it looks like you envisioned it, it's not finished. Good luck with getting it done, deadline or no deadline.

Tonight I sold my track bike to offset the cost of this build. It was a dust collector anyways. I have been unwrapping a few of the parts. This is going to be like assembling a brand new bike. The finish is far nicer than I could have ever expected. I wont have the right crank or light on it for the deadline but its still gonna be a schweet ... bike. Ive never gotten so far in to a bike build before and I am hooked. I have my next build already planned out. I will be buying a crankset for it that will be on the chopper temporarily for the deadline

Tonight I sold my track bike to offset the cost of this build. It was a dust collector anyways. I have been unwrapping a few of the parts. This is going to be like assembling a brand new bike. The finish is far nicer than I could have ever expected. I wont have the right crank or light on it for the deadline but its still gonna be a schweet ... bike. Ive never gotten so far in to a bike build before and I am hooked. I have my next build already planned out. I will be buying a crankset for it that will be on the chopper temporarily for the deadline
Sounds great. Are you going to bring it out to Shiny Side Up in San Jose next Sunday? I figure you're not too far away...

Sounds great. Are you going to bring it out to Shiny Side Up in San Jose next Sunday? I figure you're not too far away...
I wish I could go but unfortunately Im flying out of town saturday morning and coming back monday night. Ive seen some clips from previous shows, it looks so amazing

These were supposed to be a brassy gold just like the horn. But somebody goofed
:envy: WHAT ! thats not cool . get them to fix that real quick:bigboss: like priority n1

Last edited:
My cousin with the plating business is swamped right now. I have a new black crankset on the way but heck who knows what may transpire

Today, I finished the kickstand legs and rattlecanned them. This will support the back wheel off the ground when parked. The rake angle and huge handlebars made it very unsteady on the single kickstand. Also mounted the Beautiful Brooks seat, new seatpost, and a new Salsa seatpost clamp. And mounted the front brake but not the cable. Im leaving it hanging down for now so it doesnt get a bend in the housing up top. The handlebars and stem are ready to go on but then I cant store it here. I wont get it home again until the last weekend of the month. I will pick up the beadblasted crank and headlight ring on friday afternoon. I may or may not rattlecan them, Im not sure right now. A new black crankset is on the way. Tomorrow I will bring it down off the wall and work on the tank fit. Im going to shim the inside with felt pads and have decals to apply to it yet. It also can not be on the bike on the wall, it will interfere with the wall mount

GREAT WORK BUDDY. I HAVE THAT JESSE JAMES BIKE. IT'S MY FAVORITE RIDER RIGHT NOW. I WAS GONNA REDO IT FOR THE BUILD OFF. YOU DON'T SEE THEM AROUND MUCH.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

GREAT WORK BUDDY. I HAVE THAT JESSE JAMES BIKE. IT'S MY FAVORITE RIDER RIGHT NOW. I WAS GONNA REDO IT FOR THE BUILD OFF. YOU DON'T SEE THEM AROUND MUCH.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
I parted one out. Im using the tank and stem on this bike, the fork went on my klunker and the front wheel will go on my next build. The frame was sold at a garage sale and the chainring is a decoration on the wall in the garage

The new black crankset was waiting for me when I got home today. Tomorrow I will pick up the bead blasted crankset and headlight ring. I have one last place to try for a gold spraypaint. If I find one I like, I will spray the parts and the bike will be done.

If not then I go with a black crankset and no headlight for the buildoff and call it complete for now. I can finish those parts later and post pics when its officially done.

The color I seek is not available here that I can find. I have decided to spray paint the parts in a lighter gold color and will assemble the bike for the deadline. It will be complete and you will be able to see the effect I was after. After those pics I will park it and wait for the proper time consuming process on those three parts.

Back