PEOPLE ARE NUTS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I know that this has been discussed before but...

Something about this person getting away with this burns me up....not to mention that he's using my photos in his listing. I wrote him and asked him to stop using my photos, but he refused because he said that I couldn't prove they were mine since I didn't have a copyright on them.

Notice the fact that he doesn't use the real name of the bike in case someone wants to do a search online before buying?

What a sleazebag. :roll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Lunar-Bi-Ro ... 233077cca6

He even has one photo of a couple riding non-Beasts in the snow.
He let's the buyer choose the color, so he isn't even going to pay Walmart for it until he gets paid from the gullible buyer.

I understand how this is upsetting because I've had similar problems many times. I'm somewhat known in the CB and Amateur radio worlds. Have many pictures of vintage radio equipment online and a YouTube channel devoted to that hobby. Many times I've caught people on eBay and on radio sights that have trader boards using my images to sell their item or using a image stolen from one of my videos. Burns me up every time I catch it because they never show the actual item they are selling. Just images of equipment from my collection.

If you look at the guys feedback, you can see he has sold more of these.
If you look at his other items, you can see that he is pulling this trick with a multitude of bikes that he is just reposting from online stores and just changing the names.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/regards01/m.htm ... 7675.l2562

That is pretty low, I mean if you're gonna make money off scamming people so be it but at least use your own pictures. :roll: Have you contacted Ebay about the matter?

it sold for just under $400, or twice the Walmart price.I see he's also selling the Walmart 7 speed 29er cruiser for almost double the price. He is even using Walmart's ad copy in the description word for word! In a word - Sleazebag. :roll:

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think this should be exposed. How about everyone post a link to this on every Bike Forum you visit ? I'm thinking very much about putting it on my Facebook Page too. Anyone think this is a good idea?

RatSphinx said:
Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think this should be exposed. How about everyone post a link to this on every Bike Forum you visit ? I'm thinking very much about putting it on my Facebook Page too. Anyone think this is a good idea?

We could use his false bike names as keywords too and include his ebay username.

I wonder if it is against ebay rules to post adds something like this.

"1 Cents buys you information on where to order Lunar Bi-Rover bicycles for half price" and have links to Walmart

I'll probably call Ebay tomorrow and speak with them about it.

It's very easy for me to prove that he's using my photos because I have several of them from tons of angles and even then one shot that my daughter took of me standing over the bike for a size reference.

They probably don't have any policy against people selling a product that is readily available at Walmart for half the price. I suppose it all depends on whether they view his selling practice as dishonest or unethical.

I can see marking the bike up SLIGHTLY to cover your own profit, assembly costs, grease, and customization and whatever else then selling it locally. But just putting up a for sale add for a bike you don't even own yet and doubling the price with nothing else involved is wrong. Take for example I have seen folks take the Mongoose Beast and buy it for $200 and assemble it, grease everything, and go over it to make sure everything is right, and maybe change the grips or seat to make it more stylish or comfortable and sell it for $300 on Craigslist, that's fair. But listing a for sale add and then when someone orders it then you order it from another site with THEIR MONEY and keep the rest, now that is wrong.

I threw a link up on my Facebook page for now. Chances are he might change User Names on the 'bay and keep doing it. I wonder how many other Knuckle Heads do this?

It could be the wheels have already started to fall off his wagon. mb7003 left him a feedback on Oct. 4th that Ebay deleted. Seems like maybe someone got kind of torked at him.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=regards01&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=151085851407&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

I wonder if he makes the buyers go pick up their bike at the local Walmart? :p

I'm guessing the universe will sort things out when people start getting the typical scratched and damaged bikes sent to them and the seller is forced to either deal with the situation or have their cash yanked back thru the interweb by PayPal/eBay.

That crossed my mind. Too many things wrong with those out of the box. No grease, cross-threaded cranks, and as you stated, scratched paint. I sure would have liked to read the previously mentioned feedback from one of his victims.

Toeslider said:
I'm guessing the universe will sort things out when people start getting the typical scratched and damaged bikes sent to them and the seller is forced to either deal with the situation or have their cash yanked back thru the interweb by PayPal/eBay.

Back