Phillips saddle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after welding some spring mounts on a friends pedicab
parkave006.jpg

I got this from him along with a set of cruiser bars as a trade for the welding.
parkave003.jpg

parkave002.jpg

parkave001.jpg

after doing some searching around I have not been able to figure out any info on it.
embossed into the leather on the sides is J.A. Phillips & Co Ltd, Birmingham England, P2
as seen it also has the Phillips tag on the back.
anybody know if a good leathersmith could rebuild the front of the seat? I would like to keep the original leather, not just replace the whole thing.
As soon as I saw it I envisioned a low flying, full fendered, bare metal cruiser. 8) Off to the flea market next week to pick up a couple of beach cruisers.

thats seat looks like it would be really comfortable if it were whole. the chrome looks really good for as old as that seat is. best luck with the build! ohh, and i like your shirt :D

thesuicideride said:
thats seat looks like it would be really comfortable if it were whole. the chrome looks really good for as old as that seat is. best luck with the build! ohh, and i like your shirt :D
all the chrome should clean up nice with a brillo pad. the shirt is one of my favorite ones, got it when I was in Coast Airbrush in Anehiem a year and a half ago (pinhead heaven 8) )

Back