Piles and rows (UPDATE 4-10)w/pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My G-friend comes from a small small town way way southish of Topeka.She informed me of a place where a family she knows has hundreds of bikes in piles and rows.....Im headed out today and see what i find,i have seen pictures and it looks tasty.Updates tonight w/pics.
006-7.jpg
008-7.jpg
007-5.jpg
012-4.jpg
013-3.jpg
.Well the piles and rows was already picked through,the owner of 4000 acres let me walk all over his 50 acres of piles and buildings.The lil push car he wanted 50 dollars for,too much.I did rescue a lil trike.The boneshaker and wood wheel bike was sweet.the wood wheel bike he wants 200 for it.ehh,pretty cool and in good shape.Boneshaker not for sale although its a 70's remake.

Someone got 12-20 tank and prewar bikes from this guy last fall.He is an auctioneer and buys leftovers from auction,i walked 10 or so buildings and couldnt find much of anything.I was hoping for a great find,he did invite me back to wander aimless through his buildings and lean to barns.Im planning my next trip.

Interesting stuff - good bikes I'd like to take home.

It always irritates me how ppl who treat thier stuff like junk ( leave outside rusting in the weather, note the plastic Fisher price stuff in pic 1, rotting away ), then think it's gold when they want to sell ... if it's gold - treat it better.

Ran into a guy this week had a nice hawthorne and a rollfast , plaus a coupel girls muscle bikes ( ross twin tube I been after one of, and a Bratz remake with springer ). he won;t sell, but I might twist his arm - he says he had 600 bikes two years back when he got laid off - said he used to work at a scrapyard driving truck ... apparently brought biikes home - said when he got laid off 2 yrs back he scrapped em all for the 'red neck goldmine' . though he swears 'nothing old' in the lot... sad to hear about bikes getting crushed , a friend of the family told me recently she 'had some old bikes in the basement,but sent em to the scrapyard' :( .
Me, I would save anything old, even if it's junk, just cause it's vintage, so makes me more sad ....

~ AL

Back