Pinstriping reverse auction?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've got these 2 "panels" that are actually just really cool aluminum fan blades that my dad found for me. He thought they would make nice fender skirts. I have planned to put them on the tandem that I'm building. I will paint these red oxide primer, but I think they would be really cool striped.

So, any pinstripers want to have a reverse auction on your work? This could be good practice, I could send them to you and include return postage. Actually, I'm just a jerk wanting some free pinstriping! :lol:

Any takers?

A700D2EE-6B56-4E88-82E2-F2B80DCEDD45-2170-000001D004EBB782.jpg

Go to autozone, buy stick on pin stripe tape, cheap, easy, changable.
Depending on detailing, my woman says a couple hundred and she'd let you advertise for her. Plus return shipping, taxes, and all fees.

*EDIT* I rolled back acrossed that picture, polish those~! Mirror finish.

motopsyco said:
Of course you could just buy a pinstriping brush & some one shot, then just practice over & over untill you get it right. :lol:

I've thought about it. I have always been artistic, but I don't have a steady hand and the "art" of striping confounds me... where should the line turn next? :?

try the machine turning like osc said,everytime i see a firetruck i wonder why i dont see more
machine turning.
edit- just realized that might not make sense to everyone, but our local firetruck has big aluminum panels on it that were machine turned.

A few months back I machined a little switch plate I made for my Jeep, it looks neat.

Ever since it was mentioned here I thought about machining a little section of it, then masking off some letters or numbers and painting the rest of it, then outlining the numbers/letters with a different color.

Back