Pittsburgh checking in...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone... I haven't owned a bike since my GT Serengeti was stolen out of my garage when I was a teenager... I'm not even sure if I've even been on a bicycle since then! I haven't owned a car for five years and I take the bus to work, but lately I have been craving a little more independence and a change of pace. I decided to buy an old moped for this purpose, but felt some dread at the thought of having another bill to pay (that being insurance... I'm sure it can't be too much for a moped, but still). Then I had the thought to motorize a bike (under 50cc of course), found out that there were kits for this purpose (woah!) but then soured on the idea of riding anything so, hmmm, ordinary. After a month of obsessing over what I would do and combing the net for ideas, the rabbit hole has led me here. I'm now building an old school/new school board tracker, and honestly I haven't felt this excited about anything in years. I can't wait to share my progress! :grin:

Back