Please help id 3bar looptail with reverse dropouts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am new and have completely exhausted myself out intrying to find out what this is. It is the style I was looking for when I got it and the closest I found was the S&S but the reverse dropouts throwing me off. Other similiar frames are not looptails . The serial number starts out LA 3295 and seems the head badge was a decal not riveted.. I did buy this off another board cause it matched the style I was looking for....Any help would be appreciative, thanks H

Look alot like an S&S but you are correct about the dropouts. You may try posting on bmxmuseum also as they may know if this has bmx roots. The chainguard tab points to it being a cruiser versus bmx. Also looks like a Mega Cal Cruiser except the dropouts. http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/mega/54768

My guess it is an offbrand or import from the 80's.

Thanks cman, Yea I've checked alot of bikes there and is actually the site where I bought it. I was gonna ask there too and the guy I got it from has asked, Just thought since its kinda inbetween styles someone here might know, and thought Id throw it out there
. appreciate the help

Grind off that chainguard tab. There is enough material to cut the rear dropouts to resemble an S&S. Cut the front facing dropout off and add a rear facing dropout. Build it up as your Faux-S&S.

Looks like they came from the same factory in Taiwan.. the main difference is the rear dropouts. Mine has a headsticker "Bike Brokers" and the model is "Key West".

Back