Please help me w/ CCM Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought this CCM cruiser, i's only my second project but my first cruiser and my first vintage bike. I'm planning to restore her by salvaging as many original parts as I can. She also needs a fresh new paint job seeing as the last one was done with house paint and a brush :p. I have been trying to identify the year and model but am having some trouble and would like some help. Here is what i know... The serial number is located on the left rear drop out E085225. The original paint colour was a metallic candy apple red. The rear hub is a "Perry" single speed w/coaster brake (made in england) 36-14, Front hub has no name. Not sure what else to say that might help identify it but i will try to get some better pics with more frame and fork details up. This is not the actual head badge but it is identical.
Also if anyone has a good trick for shining up chrome i would love to hear it
THNX

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

CCMheadbadge50s.jpg

Good luck with the search.

As a general rule, i find the only peeps that care about canadian made items are canadian's :)
which basicly means you'll have a hard time finding info online. :)

best place to go.
the ccm mustang yahoo group.
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/CCMMUSTANG/

the boards a little slow, but thier full of ccm knowledge and they'll be sure to answer you eventually.

if those guys can't tell ya, nobody can.

Im guessing its a 1940's camel back, but i could be mistaken.

Edit, yeah i'm think'n its approx a 1945 ccm camel back.
do a quick image search and i'm sure you'll agree.

icyuod2 said:
MERK said:
That`s an late 60`s/early70`s era bike, possibly a Rambler.
really? i didn't think they did the rear facing dropouts in the 60's/70's

Edit *bang on the money merk
looks just like this 68 rambler 500

http://bicyclepictureoftheday.blogspot. ... r-500.html

Easy to be a little off date-wise on these Leigh, they used that frame style from the teens to the 70`s. Pretty similar to my `37...

3630528470_ba07cbc2e3_z.jpg

They sure got their monies worth outta` those frame jigs! :D

Hey thanks for the info guys thats awesome, real sweet ride merk. I've got the paint stripped and a can o' primer in my hand. I'm excited about this one, can't wait to ride it.

Back