POCA RATA "Little Rat" DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat"

Looks great Pick, I like the bullets! 8)

Finished stripping paint yesterday, had to repeat the process 3 times to get all the paint off. Stripper does work pretty well though! Frame looks to be in pretty good shape under all that paint. Hoping to test fit forks today, after honey-dos are done! :lol:

pocorata007.jpg

Looks sweet with that tank pick. Keep it up! Peace

Jake Sensi said:

Thanks Jake! Didn't get anything done today! :( I guess I need to "GET TO BUILDIN! Huh? :lol: Thanks again for lookin! Your build is lookin sweet as well! 8)

Man I love bikes with twin top tubes :!: This looks great.I just extended the dropouts to fit a Fatti-o on a Sears screamer to give the neighbor kid for Christmas.Nibble a little off the front of the bottom part to install the tire inflated.Done.The chain line is close to the tire but with a little planning it's not a problem.He rides it almost every day and hasn't had any issues.Great work.Can't wait to see what you come up with.I'm sure to be impressed 8) 8)

Circa Cycles said:
Man I love bikes with twin top tubes :!: This looks great.I just extended the dropouts to fit a Fatti-o on a Sears screamer to give the neighbor kid for Christmas.Nibble a little off the front of the bottom part to install the tire inflated.Done.The chain line is close to the tire but with a little planning it's not a problem.He rides it almost every day and hasn't had any issues.Great work.Can't wait to see what you come up with.I'm sure to be impressed 8) 8)

Thanks for the comps! Got a pic you can post of the way you extended the dropouts? (or pm it to me) Still in the planning stage on that part of the build.

Yes I do.I'll get it to tou as soon as I am able.Basically,I drew a line even with the top and bottom of the dropout all the way to the rear.I can't remember how much needed to be removed,sorry.I then drilled a hole the same diameter as the dropout at the rear and removed the excess material with a cutoff wheel being careful not to go above the top of the drop.Fine tune by hand with a file so the dropout sits on the axle and is straight/level/plumb.Pretty easy.A man with your talent should have no problem :wink: I'll be updating my build later and will get you some images.

Re: POCO RATA "Little Rat" First Real Mock-Up

Thanks Circa for the pics, that will help me a lot! Did some mock-up stuff today to get an idea where I need to go with this build. Gonna have to do some mods to the forks & the rear dropouts to make this work, Still have no idea how much chain clearance I will have.

Without tank:
pocorataetc005.jpg

With:
pocorataetc006.jpg

pick said:
Jake Sensi said:

Thanks Jake! Didn't get anything done today! :( I guess I need to "GET TO BUILDIN! Huh? :lol: Thanks again for lookin! Your build is lookin sweet as well! 8)
YA KNOW WE KOOL PICK!! I'M WATCHING ALL MY HOMIES FIRST CUZ WE'RE VETS NOW. :mrgreen: THESE NEW CATS ARE BRINGING IT! SHOW EM WHAT YA GOT!! CUE UP HEARTS "BARRACUDA" AND ....PEACE

Thanks "Tin, Yooth & my bud Jake", your opinions mean a lot to me. @ first I thought I liked it better without the tank, but it has kind of grown on me now. I am watching your builds as well! (stealin ideas!) :mrgreen: Thanks for lookin! 8)

pick said:
Thanks "Tin, Yooth & my bud Jake", your opinions mean a lot to me. @ first I thought I liked it better without the tank, but it has kind of grown on me now. I am watching your builds as well! (stealin ideas!) :mrgreen: Thanks for lookin! 8)

Good luck stealing any of my ideas! haha

Oh,man :shock: I've got one of those frames,couple forks,wheels......
Looks like another bike I'm gonna have to drag out of 'The Hole" and do a follow along build! 8) 8)

Thanks for the input guys! I do think I will trim some off the seat tube to get the seat a little lower.

Xcruiser: Thanks buddy! How's she doing? Great I hope!

Thanks Peatbog, for the comps!

I am watching both your builds as well & both are lookin awesome! 8)

Back