Possible Monark? Help identifying would be nice. =D

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am pretty new to this whole knowledge base of bikes like most of you, however, I recently stumbled upon a bike a few weeks ago and I would greatly appreciate if anyone could tell me what they think of it.
542978_4046176755405_1311483490_3643562_694379033_n.jpg

Got a few pictures?? Maybe the serial number?? I've got a couple of Monarks and Firestons, I'll add what I can.

Okay cool. I figured this, but I have looked all over this bike for any form of I.D. number and cannot find anything surfacing from the layer of paint possibly over them. Because of this, any safe way for me to get past that paint?

Also, thank you for at least giving this a look, I have been trying to do so much to find out what this bike was. I only found out yesterday the it's Huffy built with the Monark name. Which I only found out by luck from comparing the sprockets with a random picture I saw online. So I'm greatly appreciative of this.

Am I not seeing the pics?? As for the paint, my Monark/Firestone has very light imprinted serial number on the bottom of the CC. If the numbers are stamped, take the paint off with a little 0000 steel wool. If there isn't a plate on the CC, look close, they might still be there.

Okay I got it, 4H89664 and then has a little "M" Symbol at the end. I'm pretty sure that is all of it

Would you consider parting this out? How much for the rack, grips, bars, and stem?

EDIT: Does the rack have two holes on the top?

Well, the only holes are for where the rack get's bolted down, also, the grips are not exactly in the best condition, and everything else seems in right order. Now, I'll be honest with you, I'm not exactly sue about the value of things especially considering separate parts. If you could give me a fair deal on them I'm sure we could easily come to an agreement, I'm quite reasonable considering this bike holds no personal value to me.

Also, I have been chatting with another member on the website, he compared my bike with a couple of his and him and I have come to agree that this bike is a 1964 Monark Monza GT (Huffy Built of course, though you all already knew that).

I know who you are chatting with. His bike probably has a chrome tank on it. If you can send me some close up pics of the grips it would make my job a bit easier. :wink:

Oh, and would the chrome clean up under all the paint on the bars/stem?

Latest posts

Back