Prewar or early post war Ben Hur ID help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I'm new here and was hoping to get some help Identifying this rat rod I recently got , some think it's early post war, maybe CWC, the round rear fender braces are supposedly wrong for that, maybe Westfield, forks are supposedly wrong for westfield, or Snyder made,due to volcano BB shell, but the numbers are wrong for all of these makers, doesn't really look Schwinn to me, although the numbers come up 53 Schwinn, looks more prewar to me, if for no other reason than I can not find a pic of a post war American bike with the seat clamp bolt going directly through the seat tube stays anywhere, latest I can find is 41 westfield, but their war bikes all have the bolt above the stays and I cant for the life of me think of a reason for them to make a major change backwards in engineering,I think the chain ring is the reason people are leaning towards post war, but you can't go by that, chain rings & wheels get bent and changed all the time, hear's some pics
Thanks
Scooter-trasher
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I'm gonna say late 30's early 40's Snyder built, with incorrect parts. I think the same bike was also sold under other badges like Rollfast, H.S.B.Co , Wards Hawthorne,.

OK thanks, it's definitely got late model bendix hubs & aftermarket fenders, serial # is throwing me off, but until I can see a pic of a post war Bike with the same type seat clamp I'll roll with prewar

Last edited:
Back