production girder fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anybody manufacture a ready to install girder fork? or is homemade the only way to get one?

if this is what you mean, the ywere made for mountain bikes under the name Girvin, Proflex and Noleen.
This one is for a threadless 1 1/8" headset.
st2.jpg

basket is extra :D

A long time back I saw a photo online, of a group of custom bikes built by a guy in Europe, and one of them had a girder fork from some kind of ~1960's-era moped on it. I can't remember the make though... :/

You could maybe go on mopedarmy and ask what the last moped around was that used girders. Note that you may need to ask about European mopeds, not US ones...

There's lot of motorcycles that used girders, but they are older,,, back around WW-2 (rarer and more expensive) and they're usually a lot heavier and so the forks are way overbuilt for a bicycle. The moped forks that the one guy used looked perfect, they didn't look out of place at all.

As far as I know there were no mopeds sold in the US with girder forks. Ebay.fr, ebay.uk, or ebay.de are probably your best bet. Some of those little 100cc or less motorcycles from the 1920's and 30's had little girder forks that would work on a bicycle. Here a few if you want to do some searching. Norman model c, James comet, Excelsior autobyk, Gillett, Follis, Garelli mosquito, Francis barnett, New hudson, Cyc auto, Bianchi aquillotta

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Girde...55?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2c5b870843

Back