project "shop truck"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited it's been a while since I've fired up any of my metal tools. Well as some of you's seen i was looking for a straight bar frame in the classifieds section. Well after 5 mins with no response i took matters into my own hands. It was a huffy monterey (picture any beach cruiser cantilever frame because i always forget B4 picks) I cut out the "tank bars" and welded a piece of conduit that i'm not sure where it came from but was the right size. and now i have my straight bar. I'm going to take the axle off my trike and make that a 2 wheeler again and make this a trike. I found a old metal pepsi cooler that will mount to the back. and for the sign in the middle of the bars it will be an advertisement for my website. I'll keep ya'll posted

DSCN0684.jpg

and the doner bike by the way and one recognize the frame what it might be?

vintagetrike-1.jpg

well the trike transfer is almost complete I'm going to weld the rear on when it's done. For the brakes i think i'm going to go with a front drum brake idea I've been working on. I just can't decide if i want to go with a triple tree set up with a lil rake on the front or a bent springer it's a big decision first time I'm ordering a new part for one of my bikes in a LOOOOOOOONG time. If anyone has suggestions on the front I'm open

DSCN0747.jpg

Back