Project Swing Low (non motorized boardtracker)UPDATE!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So. I've finally got an itch to build a non motorized boardtracker
Simple drawing I drew up
64835_605966829416741_704280066_n.jpg

Start of it (that top tube is gone now lol)
184336_606409576039133_1705128994_n.jpg

Now, I said I wanted to do Duro creams, but I got a deal on these! 26x2.25 cruiser tires. I thought they were fitting for the bike :wink:
598377_606409406039150_308361099_n.jpg

This is other plans:
Brown frame/black accents (small parts)
Brown springer seat
Possibly a set of Soma Condorina handlebars (turned upside down of course :wink: )
A slightly altered triple tree fork

Re: Non mototrized boardtracker (first shot at one)

Ok, so I haven't got much done. But I did add 2 inches in the down tube and lowered it 2 inches off of the back half, therefore getting the down tube lower to the ground . Also, I did manage to get the play out of the neck. I'll explain: the bottom piece of tube on the neck wasn't tight on the down tube, so, I had to find a piece that would fit inside the bottom piece on the neck and fit over the down tube. Luckily I found one and this is how it looks without play in the down tube, and getting the down tube lowered.
69282_608004065879684_311540963_n.jpg

Awesome bike Lucas!

If you are using suspension forks you may want more ground clearance though, if you hit a bump it might bottom out pretty badly...

Luke.

Yep I'm with Luke on this...hitting a bump and a sudden stop when your frame hits the ground
is not an optimal situation. Its looking good so far. The wide open space ranch environment is
very envious too. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Wish wherever I lived looked like that. :wink:

LukeTheJoker said:
Awesome bike Lucas!

If you are using suspension forks you may want more ground clearance though, if you hit a bump it might bottom out pretty badly...

Luke.
Thanks! This will sound weird, but luckily, the shocks on this fork are bad and don't work :lol:
I'm hoping to find another fork that isn't a suspension fork though, but if not, I'll make sure this one doesn't move :wink:

Uncle Stretch said:
Yep I'm with Luke on this...hitting a bump and a sudden stop when your frame hits the ground
is not an optimal situation. Its looking good so far. The wide open space ranch environment is
very envious too. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Wish wherever I lived looked like that. :wink:
Thank ya! I love living way out in the middle of nowhere 8)

So, after thinking about what Luke and Uncle Stretch said, I decided to build a fork for this bike. I didn't think the shock fork was very fitting anyways. I took part of the old swing seat and a couple of old forks and this is what I came up with. I think it looks good. How about everyone else? :D
11204_608309532515804_1286541671_n.jpg

Oh, I also got the top tube made :)

Critter1 said:
Lowlife Lucas said:
What would everyone say if I said I got the v shape tube from an old swing seat? I thought it worked good :wink:
Maybe this build should be called...... "Swing Low"
I like that! 8)

Back