Public thanks to "YESHONEY" ...pictures included.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well....it seems that I had a set of Wheels that YESHONEY liked.
and YESHONEY had a set of completely rebuilt 1949 Western Flyer,Double Sprung,side mounted strut bar,Springer Forks that I liked!

10 or so E mails back and forth and we had ourselves a deal!
Thanks to YESHONEY for the fast and flawless delivery of a pair of springers that I can honestly say are the nicest I have ever seen!

Never mind the fact that they are a style that not many of us have ever seen...which I like because different is good in my books.

So,once again I raced down to Washington State and picked em up....my girlfriend laughed her ... of when I asked her if I could sleep with them last night.... The trip across the Border turned into a great afternoon wandering around a little Sea side Village just outside of Bellingham called Fairhaven...

I installed the forks this evening( ten minutes ago ) and this is what they look like..I will post up a Tech article on how I plan to Faux Finish them to match the Cream color on The Headtube of the Rollfast making them aged and weathered so they match..

so,here are the new Springers on the Front of the Rollfast...
SWEET!

0165.jpg

A work of art..very nice rebuild YESHONEY!!!!

0166.jpg

The Money Shot...ahh,what a view..and the Spring action is GREAT!
0167.jpg

0168.jpg

thanks again Joe,

Kev.

Yeah I like those Cleveland Welding Springers they ride really nice, not too hard not too soft. The old springers are REALLY cool I try to run them when I find them. Very cool! Troy

U R Welcome!

They look the 'nads on there. Now, flip the bars upside down and git ridin it! Look forward to getting the wheels!

Joe
aka YESHONEY

Latest posts

Back