Put on your boots, it's time to save some cruisers.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently scrap must be up, the CL wanted ads are every-other one, "Will haul your copper, brass, aluminum for FREE" :roll:

Junk cars wanted, etc. Thankfully prime scrap value on a steel bike is about .27 but none the less, this is more people looking for cache's of old metal and they end up in an shredder not in your shed.

It may be a good time to let anybody you can know, you'll pay more for an old bike frame than the recycler will.

Part of the reason "prewar" bikes are rare is that so many were chucked durring the WWII scrap drives. Put on your boots, it's time to save some cruisers.

I have a few scrap yard that have my number up & know to call me when VW buses come through.It is really showing them cash.Then they remember.I never thought about asking for old bikes.I WILL NOW!!

skoda said:
Apparently scrap must be up, the CL wanted ads are every-other one, "Will haul your copper, brass, aluminum for FREE" :roll:

Junk cars wanted, etc. Thankfully prime scrap value on a steel bike is about .27 but none the less, this is more people looking for cache's of old metal and they end up in an shredder not in your shed.

It may be a good time to let anybody you can know, you'll pay more for an old bike frame than the recycler will.

Part of the reason "prewar" bikes are rare is that so many were chucked durring the WWII scrap drives. Put on your boots, it's time to save some cruisers.
the scrap place around here is paying 9.25/hundred lbs........my friends hauls scrap..........he just got 5 73-76 caddys 5000 lbs+ each.....got over 2000.00 for scrap....i check all the cars before they go to the crusher.......phil

Back