Question for you Car guys.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been toying with the idea of picking up a Crown Vic, and can find some reasonably cheap, most are a bit over 100 grand on the OD though, would something like a 2000 with 119,000 miles be worth 2500? For some reason I really want an Olive Drab Crown Vic.

make sure it wasn't a police car. they use those things up before they replace them. they have a lot of "miles" on the engines just sitting idling that are not recorded on the odometer due to the job that they do. OTOH if it's cheap enough, they do have extra heavy duty parts on police cruisers. go in with your eyes open.

+1 on the retired Police Cars.They are very well maintained.

They are used and sometimes abused...then they go to the Auschwitz of Police Cars,a Taxi company for another billion miles of real abuse and neglect.

I've had 2 of them in the past.Both MOPARS.('74 Plymouth Fury/''80 Dodge Aspen)

I want a black Charger Police Car next.

Around here, due to rust, a used police car is fit for one place...the junkyard. We get snow and salt like the dickens...so with a cop car is bound to be rusty. If you just want the cop car look, buy the bumper and the little "Police Interceptor" emblem and buy a Grand Marquis.

Just my 2 cents.

Where I'm at most are well maintained and replaced after so many mile so a good one is an easy conquest, it's a matter of getting what you pay for. I'm still looking though, a Crown Vic is on the top of my list, but I would also jump at a good deal on a VW, or something unique. We are replacing my wife's car in a month or two with an SUV, since some jag off decided to smash my beloved van :( (luckily no one was in it) and I have my little Ford Ranger, but I want a play toy for myself, but something that can also be functional.

The police cars get sold quickly around here but we have a 1999 Crown Vic 4.6 that we paid $3000 which is about the lowest I have ever seen them here, one of the problems you might have to deal with which is the problem with ours is we think it will need new coils that are together with the spark plugs, everything was great on it except for what I mentioned above and the passenger side rear window doesn't go up or down.

Not so funny thing happened with ours is we went to Chrysler dealer & paid the $3000 cash and the guy that worked there pocketed the money then weeks later the police went to our door then found out he never went back to work and had done a lot of gambling.

Back