Question on clevlend welding bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week I was picking this old barn that the people said had some skip tooth bikes. Well it did one was an mid 40's roadmaster girls bike. The other was a boys bike with a cleveland welding co crank and chain wheel and similar front fork (no other parts were there). A couple weird things are the badge had 2 rivets that are not in line, also there is no chain tension bolts that push the rear axle back in the frame. I dont know what those are called but I do know the cleveland welding frames usually have these. Any help?

2013-03-09_23-59-19_706_zpsf33994b2.jpg

2013-03-09_23-59-27_742_zpsd3676f64.jpg

2013-03-09_23-59-33_502_zps3ad21788.jpg

2013-03-09_23-59-51_454_zpsbe24522b.jpg

The dropouts, angled badge screws, and wishbone seat stays allow me to pretty confidently say this is a Monark frame.

The weird thing is that it has a CWC paisley chainring on it.. which is identical to a Monark paisley chainring other than CWC being skiptooth and the Monark being a 1/2" standard chain.

Jpromo said:
The dropouts, angled badge screws, and wishbone seat stays allow me to pretty confidently say this is a Monark frame.

Yep, and the chain stays also look to be Monark. My Monarks have badges under the BB, and my CWCs have the serial numbers stamped directly into the metal under the BB.

u are right for sure. I looked on google n found something just like mine. I totally forgot the tanks I had for this frame and they are real flat on the sides. This is just like the one I saw but as u said it had a regular tooth chain wheel. Maybe someone swapped it for a cwc?

Back