Quick, cheap, way to add tunes for my bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While putting around town, I like to listen to music. Now the easiest way would be to just plug some ear-buds into my phone. But, I still like to hear what is going on around me, and ear-buds block to much sound for my taste not to mention having to deal with a wire flopping everywhere. So I took a bluetooth speaker that I had, and looked to find away to mount it securely, but still leave it able to play. This is what I did for a temporary and quick fix.

I took the plastic water bottle that came on the bike that I never used, and the speaker, and cut a hole big enough to push the speaker through. The speaker was still bouncing around in the bottle to much so I took a small padded case that I got from the Dollar store to hold it in better, and provide some shock protection.

The bag had a string attached to it with one of those little knobs that cinch up the slack so I cut ahole in the back of the bottle to push it through. This allows me to cinch up the string around the bottle mount to hold it in better.
Total cost, $1.07 and about 15 minutes time.

Cool idea!

Cool, I normally have my headphones on but around my neck, plenty loud enough but leaves me free to hear everything around me too. The wire can be annoying though and I do get sick of buying new headphones every 6 months to a year because one ear cuts in and out. :roll: I'll have to look for a blue tooth speaker and give this a shot.

outskirtscustoms said:
Cool, I normally have my headphones on but around my neck, plenty loud enough but leaves me free to hear everything around me too. The wire can be annoying though and I do get sick of buying new headphones every 6 months to a year because one ear cuts in and out. :roll: I'll have to look for a blue tooth speaker and give this a shot.

This is what I have, it comes in about 5 colors.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009GP92SG?psc=1

Back