Radio Flyer wagon Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently making a Rat Radio Flyer wagon with my boy.

He is 5 years old and I thought this would be a great way to start him with restoring ideas.

If anybody knows the year of this wagon that would be great. :)

IMG_9035.jpg

The frame we are using is from a pull behind a yard sprayer.

IMG_9038.jpg

We were lucky enough that the frame fit under the wagon perfectly.

IMG_9039.jpg

Right now we are currently mocking up everything. It will end up a little lower than the last picture there.

Thanks for looking.

Pat and Aiden

awesome :D

you dont see too much info on dating wagons, it should have a model # (like 18, 89 ....) then you just have to go off the decal and wheels/caps to get a rough estimate of the year. just what ive found out poking around anyway. there may be some way to date it exactly but i havent foundout how yet.

very cool and unique. cant wait to see it complete. something that might look cool is big back tires and the back raised up and then have it dropped in the front with the skinny wire wheels up front. just like a rod. Just a thought. cant wait should be cool

Thanks everybody!

So far eveything we have used has been free. My brother in-law gave me the wagon and I have been using the rest of the parts that have been laying around at my parents house.

This one won't be getting a motor... Not yet enyways :lol: I want to find some more wagons and do each one different.

That's cool, and something you don't see every day. I think it'd be cool if you could mount those front wheels out in front of the wagon like in the mock-up photo -- sort of like a T-bucket hot-rod. Gotta love the baby-gangsta boy you've got there, too!! :lol: :mrgreen:

Wow! My brother and I built almost the same exact thing when we were kids. We used the front end from a kett-kar. We would take it to a big grass hill and go down as fast as we could. those rubber tires out back would throw grass rooster tails. Looks like fun.

I´m 28 years old.
Never had one of those... would it be too bad and immature if I wanted to build and ride one of those down hill?
I still don´t have any kids but I could tell the wife I´m getting ahead and buillin´it for them, right? Cool excuse?

Gdcast said:
I´m 28 years old.
Never had one of those... would it be too bad and immature if I wanted to build and ride one of those down hill?
I still don´t have any kids but I could tell the wife I´m getting ahead and buillin´it for them, right? Cool excuse?

LOL That would be a perfect idea!! I'm just useing my boy as an excuse :lol:

A moon tank on the front of that would look sick! But the little guy looks like hes having fun with it! Cant wait to see this one done :lol:

Hey, I just thought I would throw this out for an engine idea. It is a tool box with part of a toyota corrolla intake manifold bolted to the lid. I have since taken the stroller apart and have no use for the "Supercharger", but was hanging onto it for just this sort of thing. Send me a pm if interested.
stroller.jpg

wow! really cool to see the stretched out wagons 8) you and your son have a very cool project there!
this wagon was given to me, and i can't find another blue flyer ANYWHERE :?
Bikes036.jpg

one day i'll work up the nerve to chop this bad boy :shock:
i'm keepin' an eye-ball on this build!!!!! good luck guys :mrgreen:

Back