Rat Del Sol build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man. Was kinda trying for the prewar ballooner look, but it wasn't quite cutting it. Ended up swapping out the wheels and tires for some heavy-duty alum rims & red-walled rubber from Chimichanga. Still haven't gotten a chance to get some pics. Stayed at work late working on my car and was too dark by the time I got home. Here's a pic from a month or so ago on what's been keeping me busy...

IMAG0783.jpg

IMAG0782.jpg

I like the bike evolution, those red walls were nice, but the red tires look great too. I guess the only thing I don´t like much is the seat post, but the rest I like :wink:
Car looks great, show us some more!

Yeah, I'm not too crazy about the seatpost either, but it does make for a comfortable ride. I lowered it some & it looks a bit better. Hoping to take some pics today. Lost the rack,stock fenders,tires/wheels,chainguard & chainring. It's a mix of different bikes now, kinda like a real "rat" 8)

Got home late again last night, so I took a few early morning pics. Here is how she stands right now. Still gotta cut up some alum "tank"plates, but so far I bolted up the Hawthorne peaked,curve-braced fenders,Roadmaster springer,Luxury Liner chainring,skiptooth chain,deco stem,Wald bars, torpedo grips and topped it off with a cool Mercury headbadge. I had a buddy who owns a upholstery shop recover the original seat. Mounted up some heavy duty wheels from Chuck and redwalls from Chimi to get me rolling. Not sure what I'm gonna do for the headlight, but put an older Jap fender light I picked up a while ago. Might fab up a mount for a Moto type headlight later on. Still debating whether to put the chainguard I got from the Luxury Liner too. All that's left is to lower the seatpost a bit more & lace up the original 3spd rear hub. With the laid back post & new springer, this thing is a dream to ride.

IMAG0919.jpg

IMAG0920.jpg

IMAG0923.jpg

IMAG0926.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

IMAG0922.jpg

IMAG0924.jpg

Back