Rat My Ride (1993 Huffy)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sup guys. In September of 2007, I found this bicycle in the dumpster... I already have a couple other mountain bikes so I want to make this one a rat. It's a 1993 Huffy Mojave Ridge... I know it's a girls bike and won't look very good as a rat because of the frame, but if everything is flat black with ape hangers I think it would be one tight ride.

My plans so far is to spray paint it flat black (which won't break my heart because it has a lot of scratches anyway), and putting on some apes. The gears are all messed up, it's suppose to be a 10 speed but only 2 of them works and I rarely use the other gear because it's too high so I'm thinking about just making it a single speed. The rear brake is crap so I will take that off, and of course I already took off that lock on the seat post.

Please help me decide what all to do on this bike, to make this bike look as ratty as possible. Remember, I found this in the dumpster and don't really care what to do with it, as long as it's a Rat with some Fun put into it, thanks. 8)

huffy-1.jpg

huffy2-11-08.jpg

single speed it with a coaster brake, lose the cables. replace the seat maybe. get some white walls, those tires look like they once were white walls.:p

maybe one of those bullet lights on the front, or fenders and a torpedo light. once you get the lights on there take off those reflectors

Back