RAT ROD BIKES BUILD OFF 2 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHOAAAAA! I usually don't dabble into forum drama, better things to do. But this here forum is a sanctuary for me and the no drama unwritten rule is a big part of it. So I will let loose a bit and say this: Longoria, I don't see a build off bike thread with your name on it yet. If you wanna complain about the lottery, you have to buy a ticket first. I would suggest that you put your skills at work in your garage or shop and get those keyboard busy fingers a bit dirty. After that you might get some gearhead credit. So basically here's the question: Can you build or can you just type?

As for the other "funny" comment about this board, I am not laughing. :x

kustom kreator I would say adding a bar is fine I think the reasoning behind the welding rule is so people dont basiaclly build custom frames which isnt fair to people without the tools or skills
this is all supposed to be fun and built in the spirit of a rat rod
which is a basically cheap hotrod from the 40s-50s
this is on the main page of the forum.... what is a Rat Rod
http://ratrodbikes.com/whatis.html

Re: Breaking the rules..

longoria said:
and worst of all, bikes with the seat smack on the frame and forward leaning bars that only a gorilla with a 20" inseam and 30" reach could ride.

I can only assume that you are referring to my entry by these comments.

1425468127_701fa9e9b8.jpg

I was commenting to my wife earlier this week on how much I love this forum compared to some of the other sites I browse. The easy-going nature and friendly attitude of everyone here is second to none in my books. Posts like the one Longoria made serve to tear down a community built on camaraderie and mutual respect.

As for my bike, I don't really feel need to explain myself as the build falls well within the rules of the contest. Nevertheless, I have a couple things to say. It's a smaller boys frame so I will tell you right now that I would be bashing my knees on any standard height bars. I love the board-tracker look but I simply would not be able to ride this bike that way. Also, the seat has no seat post clamp as of yet, so you're right, it's quite literally sitting on the frame. I like the way it looks like that but time will tell how comfortable it is to ride. Finally, I do have average length legs and apishly long arms. You know how one's armspan is supposed to equal one's height? Well, mine is a full 4 inches longer.

Watch your words, they do more damage than you know.

Proudlove-Don't let this Eva get to you!He's full of hot air.Talk's alot of smack but he's not even building a bike! I Love the ape hangers! Just had a pair given to me that I threw on my mailbox bike!Are we having fun yet? L8 EM

Emsbikes016.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, so he got to me a little. Don't worry though, I am thick skinned enough to know a troll when I see one. This is a great forum and it would take a heck of a lot more than the ignorant comments of one noob to make me enjoy it less.

Wow! Been a couple days for me to since i've been on. Just one question whats wrong with GIANT apehangers longoria? I for one like them A LOT. Everyone has their own style and thats not be bashed on by no one. If you dont like it then I'm sure the other forum's could use some :cry: :cry: . But as for this site i'm sure NOBODY wants to hear it.

Well, I've got a 36" inseam and my seat is as LOW as it can go on the frame and I ride the heck outta it everyday. So there.

And I oughta post a pic of my friend who rides like a 20 incher with home-made apes that are literally over his head. What a riot.

it is my understanding that a gorilla witha 20 inseam and 30 inch reach can sleep anywhere he/she wants...or am i confusing that with something else i heard?

i have a question....is there any way to link my rrbo2 thread in a myspace bulletin post and yahoo email so that i can send my freinds to look at it w/out typing the "go to/click on" isntructions?
thanx, fast eddie outty

or copy and paste this, then all they have to do is click on the words
<a href="http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3408"> SEE FAST EDDIE's RAT ROD BUILD OFF BIKE / FRANK N. STINE</a>

change whatever you want it to say in the part

>SEE FAST ............. N. STINE<

whatevers in between the > ... < will be what is shown

should be anyway

:mrgreen:

Guys is it illegal or bad form to change bikes in the middle of a build off? :shock:

Having serious fork trouble with my current frame (crazy short neck on it). I just scored a ladies Hawthorne and thought of building that instead. I don't have access to dies that big to thread a different fork tube another 1.5" over stock so I can use a new fork on the frame I have. Low budget build here. Trying to use parts I have around.

Aaron

I dont have a prob. either but beware...I chose a ladies frame and I am STUCK...doesnt seem like theres too many ways to make it look cool with the parts I have short of ending up looking like some cheapo resto!! :roll:

Go for it! But it better meake me feel pretty when I see the end results! 8)

Girls are tricky, but I think a nice gracefully and tastefully done "Xena, Princess Warrior" bike could be just what we need! :mrgreen: Or how about a tribute bike to the "Fabulous Moolah" wrestling bike! :wink:

Just make me feel pretty!
Chainy

Back