Rat Rod Drag Races ??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard of bike racing on the road or touring , BMX, racing at the velodrome, even Xgames , but I haven't found anything about bike drag racing . It seems RatRods would be perfect for this. Maybe single speeds only on a 1/4 mile track . Or have different classes with a multi- geared class or unlimited . You could have age classes too. What do you think? FatTires

I/4 MILE, single speed, FLAT OUT.........I'd be DEAD!........300 feet maybe (maybe NOT, probable still DIE). .300 ft should be more then enough to reach TOP speed.

aka_locojoe said:
BR&K has something on it.

I think it's a pretty big event in Europe at the FBI meet.
Thanks for the link ; that's something like I was looking for. Although a 1/4 mile would give some geared bikes plenty of room to battle it out , I think I'd prefer the 300 feet myself. I'll have to give it a try and see how long it takes . FatTires

We do drags at our rides, I'd say about 200 feet is good. Long enough to battle it out, short enough to be able to race multiple times without keeling over :lol:

Knee pads, shin guards, elbow pads, shoulder pads, and a helmet for me. If you've ever slipped a pedal doing sprints, you'll know why.

GTCOMA said:
deorman said:
Time to dig that ancient 52 toother from the bottom of the pile. 8)

In 200 feet you better have legs the size of an elephant to get it going...and just hope the chain doesn't snap!
I was thinking about the quarter mile. :D

to heck with the drag races.

i think ya all need to come visit me here in london ontario with your board track racers!
20080406211729_velodrome.jpg

creative use of an old hockey arena, don't ya think?

HutchXL24 said:
Knee pads, shin guards, elbow pads, shoulder pads, and a helmet for me. If you've ever slipped a pedal doing sprints, you'll know why.

i got a hole in my left shin bone, it hurts alot haha

sprinter build off for poops and giggs?

never had the pleasure of riding on it, but i do have fun watching the derby girls knock each other senseless. :)

We did "Monkeybike Drags" at our last FBM Choppernite ride to raise money for Jack the Bikeman. It was pretty hilarious watching big dudes try to ride those tiny little bikes. My 10 year old ended up winning, but he had the unfair advantage of actually fitting on the bike.

icyuod2 said:
to heck with the drag races.

i think ya all need to come visit me here in london ontario with your board track racers!
20080406211729_velodrome.jpg

creative use of an old hockey arena, don't ya think?

I was just looking for something like this this morning. :D I would love to get a bunch of people on vintage boardtrackers and have a race.

I do think drags would be fun. 1/4 mile is too long though. A drag race is more about acceleration, not top speed. Most people would fall over and pass out after a 1/4 mile sprint. I would go for 1/8 at the most. Road bikes would always win if you did heads up which would ruin the fun...you would have to have good timers, and lights. You would have to do them bracket racing style so that any bike could compete evenly. Have dialed in times. and have the lights set up to turn according to your personal time. That way a 60 pound Krate would actually have a chance. :lol:

Anywone want to race in Utah? so far I have only seen one other member from Utah, and they are 2-3 hours away.

Back