rat rod stingrays

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my idea of how Schwinn should have made the StingRay. This is my "dripping with sarcasm" bike. :p The frame and tank are actually from a '67 Fleet. Gary
DSC03855.jpg

DSC03852.jpg

DSC03853.jpg

DSC03854.jpg

Gary that stingray is off the chain. That is sweet, also where do you get the headlight with built in signals or is that a custom touch?

i love your bike B607!!!! you just inspired me to paint mine similar...i just started steel wooling the red paint off the chrome today then i'll get some red and figure out how to do those accents like yours...i know schwinn used to do that in the 50's...how did you get yours so clean?

teetsboy95 said:
i love your bike B607!!!! you just inspired me to paint mine similar...i just started steel wooling the red paint off the chrome today then i'll get some red and figure out how to do those accents like yours...i know schwinn used to do that in the 50's...how did you get yours so clean?

Thanks guys. I had just finished painting a Black Phantom a few years ago and was wondering what to do with the 20" Fleet frame and tank. I had some StingRay parts laying around and it just kind of came together. It has a few issues though. The shorty frame makes it hard to ride without doing a wheelie. If you lean back too far you're on your butt. Also, the hanging Fleet tank was not made to work with the original StingRay springer. You can't turn very tight without crashing the fork blades into the tank. I used Krylon rattle can paint and had most of the chrome replated. All the parts are old and original except the pedals, front tire, and leather on the seat. You can't see it in the pics but it also has a blue band kickback. Gary

i built this puppy a couple years ago
IMG_1134.jpg

your bike is sweet! i could do the same with mine as long as i just scrub the red paint off the chrome lol...i still kinda hate the fact that its a bratz bike though...but its been repainted flat black a few owners ago so its all good haha

Like I always say, it's not what it was, it's what it becomes. You can build a Huffy or brats bike and have it turn heads just as well as a real deal Schwinn or Felt chopper, just depends what you do to it. :mrgreen:

Heres one of my 68" Midget.Painted Chevy Bright Blue Metalic. I had this buildt up as a lowrider with a springer ft end and used to show it. I do have all the original parts and plan to restore it back to its coppertone color someday.
DSCN0135.jpg

DSCN0136.jpg

Figured I could throw another one in here...........

blingray.jpg

Good thing about the BFK's, they can be hacked up without guilt! :wink:

Ideas:
Lowrider
reallowstingray.jpg

solid the frame out?
30243190005_large.jpg

Crate replica
1968%20Schwinn%20Stingray%20Orange%20Krate%206.jpg

apple_krate_06.jpg

stretch
lobonegra.jpg

BMX style
72ray1.jpg

Ratty
DSCF1097.jpg

lowrider trike
3452220088_large.jpg

or my personal favorite
ratfink_schwinn.jpg

or even a mini version of this
M.L.C.%20Custom%20Corvette.JPG

outskirtscustoms said:
Ideas:

BMX style
72ray1.jpg

AH this brings back memories ; had one just like this when i was a kid ! like to tell people my generation started the BMX craze with these bikes ,,,,,,Thanx for the flash back; outskirts..... 8)

Back