rat tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i found this in the trash. after a little work, and a few mods, it came out pretty cool. its alot of fun to take the wife ridding.
IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

that really is great! I had the same idea lately looking at my stepbrother's tandem!

nice bike

Why can't my neighbors throw that kind of stuff away. By the way, That is a freakin wild bike. Id ride that and make monkey sounds, due to the bars. You could do a circus show from them. I like.

right on bro! does your kid ride on back?? a buddy of mine has one i'm workin on getting

that's the badest tandem ever! Lovely! Is it a factory model or is it home made? I want one of those

thanks guys, the bike is a 50s western flyer i think, but someone put schwinn seats on it. i dont care, i like it anyway. i put the most rusty set of rims i could find on it. i used 24" rims and fork to try and lower it a bit. i lowered the finders and took a nice set of ape hangers and ground off the chrome so they would rust. its a lot of fun to ride.

:D I Love This Bike! I was looking at my 65 Schwinn tandem thinking about the same thing,but the lines are all wrong. :x Gotta keep my eyes peeled for one that will work!Kinda cool to see Markem's recylceing find for the before look! L8 EM

That thing looks great! I'm jealous.
What type of garbage piles do you find these things in. Ones around here are filled with dirty diapers and used syringes.

What we need is pictures of ME riding that thing up the hills downtown! I finnally found out how to post and ive got mine up now check it out.

bigblockthing said:
i have that same exact tandem..only a little darker blue lol..i chopped the tubes the same way you did but i also completely got rid of the rear triangle. im going to try to make a custom suspension for it so it sits nice and lowww.

i only paid 20 bux though..and got that and a columbia twosome..cleveland junkyards are great :D

...got pics???

Back