Ratification.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite ready yet but you get the idea. It was supposed to be ready by the time
Finland got ratified by all NATO members (hence the name), but did not quite make the dead line. But soon...

PS.
The scooter body was like that when I got it. My idea was to to keep it as it was and try to mimic the paint on the frame that I built. Not sure I want to go with that, because it´s not qoite my style, I´m more into darker and rustier look. But maybe for the time being I´ll let it be like this. I can always repaint it...
Ratification.jpg

Last edited:
I´m still on the fence with the colour combo. I may have to disgard the idea of keeping the old colour of the scooter and go some other route. Thoughts?

I´m still on the fence with the colour combo. I may have to disgard the idea of keeping the old colour of the scooter and go some other route. Thoughts?
love it so far, if it were mine I would be rustifing it but I would leave that blue as the OG colour and sand sides and underneath add some off white spraypaint to imitate under coat, sand back to bare metal where needed let rust with what ever rust accelerating concoction people use and clear the whole thing, are you going to change/move rear wheel? love the hight of the scooter frame/body is at, I would use a bigger fat wheel more centered and raised in to the scooter body, man now I want to look for old scooter bodies but guessing either too hard to find or too expensive, love the stance but I would go with big apes lowrider harley style

love it so far, if it were mine I would be rustifing it but I would leave that blue as the OG colour and sand sides and underneath add some off white spraypaint to imitate under coat, sand back to bare metal where needed let rust with what ever rust accelerating concoction people use and clear the whole thing, are you going to change/move rear wheel? love the hight of the scooter frame/body is at, I would use a bigger fat wheel more centered and raised in to the scooter body, man now I want to look for old scooter bodies but guessing either too hard to find or too expensive, love the stance but I would go with big apes lowrider harley style
Changed my mind, was not happy with the look using that scooter body. Had an other (hopefully better) idea to use it. On the other hand, I´m quite happy with the front part of the frame so I cut it in half and make a new rear section.

As you mentioned ( and I earlier), darker and rustier is the way for me to go. Scooter body may stay as is on the next episode but the frames colour scheme needs to be altered.

Awwwww Bro this bike just screams "total sickness" a breath of fresh air I rekon... go for it, cant wait to see this rollin down the road!

Changed my mind and made an other design with that frame consept. You canfin here with the name "Old hoe".
I'm gonna use that scooter body with an other idea.

Back